JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking at that fast fire deal for 140, vortex SPARC II for 199, or the sig Romeo deal in the primary arms email. Any thoughts? First red dot, going on a M&p sport 2
Thanks!
I have both for the money can't beat them.
Actually I have 2 vortex and 4 Sig's
Have had them for a while now.
I only had one problem with a vortex sparc a few years ago but vortex has great warranty.
I sent it back and they sent me a new one.

They're both great for the money. I personally prefer the Sig. It's a rebranded Holosun, which are well built and reliable. I know people who prefer the Vortex. I can tell you from experience that we're both right. :)

Oh also if you've never looked through one you should try before you buy one. It's pretty common for people to have a slight astigmatism and it causes the dot to not be a crisp little dot but more of kind of a star burst. Like the little dot has points coming off it. It's not a big deal but that's how it looks for me. I read if you get a red dot with the circle dot reticle it helps and it did for me.

Burris Fastfire I am sold on for a handgun. I have been running a FF2 on a 1911 45 auto for over 10 years. Thousands
of rounds riding on top of the 45 auto slide with no issues! I have 4 of them now. I think the Fastfire is a little too small for
a rifle. I have a Vortex Spitfire dot on my AR. Burris FF3 great deal posted here on another thread. Killer deal comes with $79 AR mount.
$145 plus free shipping. Msrp $ 359 :oops::oops: Burris® FastFire™ 3 M.O.A. Red Dot w/ AR-F3 Mount

Last Edited:
Thanks for the info! Between you guys and the digging around on line, it looks like I can't lose, and ended up going with the Sig romeo5. Can't wait for it to arrive.

The R5 is a good choice.
I picked up another one a few weeks ago. I went with the XDR Predator this time and mounted it on an ADM QD mount.

Make sure you don't have an astigmatism or you'll see a comma not a dot.

My rifles I use an etched reticle like the Vortex Spitfire for those AR flavored ones.
I have many red dots though and I like the low profile ones, the Viper by Vortex is my favorite due to the light sensing but I also enjoy the Romeo 5 with auto on and the Holosun that auto-on's as well.

I have astigmatism and just work with it.
Two pistols with dots and the R5's

Different types of glasses affect it along with dot size, brightness and color.
Rifles are easy, pop up the rear sight and bingo, clear dot.
The green dot of the Predator shows up better for me over a red one, the triangle isn't blurry either.

I have purchased several of the Sig Romeo and Romeo 5 2mm red dot sights and in my opinion you can't go wrong with either. Do like the battery saving feature on Romeo 5, I think you made a good choice. The nice thing is, if you watch the sales, you can pick these up all the time for around 100$. Everytime I see them on sale I'll pick one up for myself or to gift to one of my kids. Just bought another for my daughter-in-law and she loved it. Hope you are happy with the one you bought... Happy shooting!

Oh also if you've never looked through one you should try before you buy one. It's pretty common for people to have a slight astigmatism and it causes the dot to not be a crisp little dot but more of kind of a star burst. Like the little dot has points coming off it. It's not a big deal but that's how it looks for me. I read if you get a red dot with the circle dot reticle it helps and it did for me.
I have an astigmatism and some sights "bloom" for me and some don't. Aimpoint, EoTech and Burris have always worked well. I was very pleased to see the Romeo perform well too. Most of the cheap ones with the battery holder in the intensity knob bloom a lot for me. And my ACOG is insanely sharp and clear but that one has really good etching.
Burris Fastfire I am sold on for a handgun. I have been running a FF2 on a 1911 45 auto for over 10 years. Thousands
of rounds riding on top of the 45 auto slide with no issues! I have 4 of them now. I think the Fastfire is a little too small for
a rifle. I have a Vortex Spitfire dot on my AR. Burris FF3 great deal posted here on another thread. Killer deal comes with $79 AR mount.
$145 plus free shipping. Msrp $ 359 :oops::oops: Burris® FastFire™ 3 M.O.A. Red Dot w/ AR-F3 Mount
Thanks Ron! That is a fantastic deal. Going to try one on a handgun.

Red dot newbie here, I am also looking at adding one to my new ar. I don't have the best eye sight from looking at computer screens for too long.

Have only tested one red dot a the range and it was just ok. It seemed hard to get an accurate shot.

I haven't tested the EoTech yet, but I feel that is probably what I need for my eyes, based on some online reading.

Can anyone share their experiences EoTech and the like?

Red dot newbie here, I am also looking at adding one to my new ar. I don't have the best eye sight from looking at computer screens for too long.

Have only tested one red dot a the range and it was just ok. It seemed hard to get an accurate shot.

I haven't tested the EoTech yet, but I feel that is probably what I need for my eyes, based on some online reading.

EoTech is a very good sight. I've owned one for several years now. They are designed to be used with both eyes open. This can be difficult at first. What worked for me was anytime I lost focus, I would shut the non-shooting eye, re-acquire the target with my dominant eye and then open the other eye again. It took a few sessions (stop when you get tired or fed up) but once I got it, it was terrific. Now I can just look at the target and lift the sight up until the dot is on the target. You will be happily surprised at how fast you will get. It's also great for moving from target to target. The key is to be persistent. It may seem like you're getting nowhere for the first few tries.

Vortex and others make a AR scope that is a red dot also.

Screenshot_2020-02-04_184733.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top