JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Or, quicker and less expensive, Legendary Coatings in Grants Pass. He taught for NIC all over the world before going out on his own. Not the best communication skills (but improving), but he is an artist.
Update: I have now had Jesse Ruiz, at Legendary Coatings do three 1911 frames for me and I could not be happier. His prices are 1/3 what I have been quoted elsewhere, turn around time is a week or less, he sends me a tracking # when he ships my stuff, and his work is perfect. I have him add extra hardener for some gloss (NIC now makes a gloss black) and he really is an artist.
Semper Fi

Last Edited:
I'm sorry but I couldn't disagree more with the statements in this post. Red Creek tactical does indeed do good work, however I would not recommend their shop to anyone looking to have their weapon cerakoted, unless you are okay with getting the runaround for months on end, never getting any calls or emails back, and even then being charged a substantial amount.
This is why they have received so many complaints over the last year, enough to warrant being removed from cerakotes certified applicator page (so that should tell you something).
I myself sent a weapon to him in the past, and it wasn't until I called the police, cerakote, and ATF that I actually got my weapon back. I would not recommend him to anyone and will ship my gun back to the east coast for work, before I would send it to him again.

Last Edited:
I agree with Gunner Vet - my experiences with Red Creek Tactical are virtually identical - sent gun in May-2014 with a few weeks turn-around promised. 4 months later (September 7, 2014) finally had my call answered, was told the gun was completed and would be returned that week - my credit card was billed for the total amount the next day. 2 subsequent calls were answered with the same promise and a FedEx shipping label was printed but the gun still has not been shipped. Red Creek Tactical had previously been removed from the CereKote website as a preferred/certified applicator due to so many complaints but has recently been put back up on the site. I called CereKote to inquire about this and they said they would contact Red Creek Tactical about returning my completed gun and requested that I keep them informed. I wish I would have used the CereKote website to locate a LOCAL CereKote applicator, will do that in the future. I'll follow up on this thread as further actions are attempted or a final resolution has occurred.

I would suggest giving mad custom coatings in Washington a call. The owner operator David is a certified applicator does great work and he is pretty fast. I have a micro slick treated bolt carrier group from him and a fore grip handguard as well

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413996312.612264.jpg

I use NW Custom Firearms in Vancouver. They did this kryptec pattern AR

That's a nice job on that pattern;)

What sold me on them (I haven't used them yet but will be) is that they went ahead and posted prices on the website so idont have to do a lot of guessig and calling around.

Thanks for sending me there:)

Response to an old forum but, Red Creek Tactical is not the place to go. They have had 2 rifles of mine for 3 1/2 months. They promised to get them done by the end of November so I could show case them at a trade show. Needless to say, I still dont have them and cant get a response to left messages or emails. I usually use Mad Custom in Poulsbo. Those guys to A+++ work and wont promise u something they cant deliver and have a lifetime guarantee.

In response to k9kaboom's problems with Red Creek Tactical keeping his guns to be CereKoted way beyond the promise date please refer to my previous post and that of Gunner Vet about this problem. As of today Ernie Bray has proven now in 3 documented incidents that I know of thst although he is a CereKote trained and (was) an approved applicator he doesn't have a clue about how to run a proper business. He is untrustworthy. I finally received my rifle parts only after complaining to CereKote HQ who promptly called him about my problem. (I also filed a BBB complaint for the record) I received my rifle parts back 2 weeks later after he had the parts for 10 months. He originally promised a 2 week turn-around. I just checked the CereKote website and see that Ernie Bray/Red Creek Tactical has once again been removed from their list of recommended applicators. The word really needs to get out about this guy.

I sent my parts to him a month and a half ago and I wish I would have looked at these reviews first. He told me the turn around time was 2 weeks as well. About a month went by and I called him to get an update and he said he would call me back (15 days went by and no call or email). So I called him again, this time he said he "thinks" he finished cerakoting my parts and would give me a call back (well still no call back, I've emailed him and left numerous voice mails). Seeing that some of you guys didn't get your parts for almost a YEAR! Is complete BS on Ernie's part. So my question to you guys is what is the best way to get my parts back? I live in Vegas but I'll make a drive out to go see him just to reclaim my parts and of course pay what I owe which is ridiculous that I would have to even consider that! Please help, what worked for you guys? I read through this forum already and plan to call the cerakote HQ tomorrow. But since they are just parts/ upgrades I don't think the ATF would be of any help in my case. I will NEVER go through him again.

First of all be aware that there is no 'they' in Red Creek Tactical', it is a one man operation out of his residential location.
Second, file a Better Business Bureau complaint against him for the record. If all those having problems with this guy had done this there would be a considerable talley of complaints listed.
Third, keep your situation alive in this thread (e.g. 2 month updates) as it represents constant publicity shining on Ernie Bray's business practices.

Be aware also that my problem and probaby others as well were solved simply by complaining to CereKote HQ (I believe none of the other actions we took made much of a difference). The CereKote employee who took my complaint heard my description and immediately said 'do you want me to call him?' I was flabbergasted. I said 'yes, please' and received my gun parts in 2 weeks.

The CereKote Company's leverage on Ernie Bray was due to the fact that at the time of the complaints registered against him he was a preferred provider listed on their website. At the time of my complaint he had previously been removed from their website and just been reinstated as a prefered provider. He is currently not listed on the CereKote website.

What Ernie Bray doesn't understand is that customers get aggravated about delivery delays but often get off their bubblegum and more actively pursue a resolution when they realize they may NEVER get their stuff back if they don't do something.

For the record, below is my BBB complaint which shows some of the ways Ernie Bray deceives his customers.

Consumer's Original Complaint :

Ernie Bray of Red Creek Tactical will not return my rifle parts which he is to have CereKoted. He has received payment for this service.

I shipped rifle parts to Red Creek Tactical for CereKote 5/19/2014 with an estimate of about 2 weeks turn-around. Phone messages and email inquiries after 2 months were unanswered until my 9/8/2014 phone call was answered and Ernie Bray promised to return the gun that week. My VISA card was billed on 9/9/2014 for the CereKote cost plus return shipping ($199.32). 9/15/2014 my phone call was answered and Ernie Bray once again promised to return the gun that week. 10/8/2014 my phone call was answered by Ernie Bray and the gun was promised to be shipped that day. On 10/14/2014 I received a Fed Ex email notifying me that a shipping label has been created online on 10/14/2014 with expected delivery of 10/16/2014. I called Fed Ex on 10/16/2014 and they told me the shipper still had not given them the gun nor had it picked up for shipment - Ernie Bray had only printed out a Fed Ex shipment label online. The rifle barrelled action cost is $809, Neidner steel buttplate ($30), J Fischer pistol grip cap ($26.17), Talley ring bases ($25.10),Talley rings ($61.14), sling swivels ($12.49)and CereKote cost including return shipping ($199.32)represents a rifle & parts total value of $1163.20.

Consumer's Desired Resolution:

immediate return of CereKoted rifle parts -

BBB Processing

10/16/2014 web BBB Complaint Received by BBB

I'm sorry but I couldn't disagree more with the statements in this post. Red Creek tactical does indeed do good work, however I would not recommend their shop to anyone looking to have their weapon cerakoted, unless you are okay with getting the runaround for months on end, never getting any calls or emails back, and even then being charged a substantial amount.
This is why they have received so many complaints over the last year, enough to warrant being removed from cerakotes certified applicator page (so that should tell you something).
I myself sent a weapon to him in the past, and it wasn't until I called the police, cerakote, and ATF that I actually got my weapon back. I would not recommend him to anyone and will ship my gun back to the east coast for work, before I would send it to him again.

I am having problems with red creek tactical it's only been 3weeks but he keeps giving me the run around why he hadn't worked on my parts he is back in cerakote because I got the listing through them just letting people know that to beware of him

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top