Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

recurring infective caliber nightmare

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by bakersman345, Jan 1, 2015.

1. bakersman345

bakersman345 Camas wa Well-Known Member

so I keep having this dream where I need to use my firearm always a 380 but when I go to fire I miss the first few rounds and have to move in closer or else he will kill everyone. Then when I finally get close enough I take aim for his head and it bounce's off leaving only a minor wound and I'm out of ammo. Its all over and I wake up.
    this isn't a post to say a 380 is weak but the dream is so real ot shakes my confidence everytime.

mjbskwim likes this.
  2. Barachiah

Barachiah Eastern Oregon at last Active Member

I used to have similar dreams too when I came home from the desert. I'd always dream I had to kill the bad guys but all I had was a Beretta. I'd shoot and shoot and I could see the bullets fall out of the end of the pistol. I'd awake in a panic. My personal carry at th time at home was also a Beretta, but a Centurion rather than a 92. These dreams plagued me often, until I bought a 1911. I took it out and shot it a bunch. Had the gun dream again, but this time I had my 1911. Bad guys went down with one shot, dream mission successful. Now, whenever this dream is unfortunate enough to happen, it is quickly thwarted.

Moral of this story is, sell your .380's to the ladies, fellas. A man's gun you will never regret carrying should the time come. Until then my friend.

3. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Dreams vs reality. Reality is I would never want to be shot with a .380 or even a .22

4. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

I always dream that the cartridges are loaded into the magazines backwards.

5. bakersman345

Glad I'm not alone. Yeah I think my subconscious was telling me I needed a 1911 also, the picture is my new Para-USA recon 14+1 now I need a good rig

WP_20141226_21_50_43_Pro.jpg

belcher, Sgt Nambu and orygun like this.
  6. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I am a little concerned that you guys dream of shooting people at all? I mostly dream of nekid women and I have yet to shoot any of them.

7. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

I've NEVER dreamed of shooting anyone, I just dream that my magazines are all loaded incorrectly. Plus nekid chicks, I dream about those too. Hamburgers too. I love hamburgers.

belcher and mjbskwim like this.
  8. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've not had it for quite a while, but I, too have one where the bullets don't seem to be effective. Kinda spooky. When I wake up and think about it, I know it's not real, but it sure sees like it is when I'm asleep!

9. bakersman345

nekid chicks is more often but then they turn in to fat chicks I get very little rest :)

10. Barachiah

Barachiah Eastern Oregon at last Active Member

Believe me friends, I wish I didn't dream about shooting folks. Once you break the seal though...

belcher and 308 like this.
  11. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

The ineffective gun dream with bullets bouncing off the target or lazily falling out of the barrel is not uncommon. It is a manifestation of an uncompleted goal that is plaguing you. Insecurity issues are sometimes tied into this but it is not a 'violence' issue.

F2CMaDMaXX, Xader and Medic! like this.
  12. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

With 9 being prevelent Id just stick to 9
    That or .45ACP.. Oh yeah.

13. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

My dream usually consists of me at an ultimate firearms store, I actually got the cash to buy quite a few of my dream toys.. yet after I have it all rang up or place it in the backseat of my vehicle I wake up like: "damn"..

belcher likes this.
  14. 308

When I dream of guns, the trigger never works no matter how hard I pull. It's like the safety always on.

15. 308

Like riding a Suzuki...it's all good until someone sees you doing it :)

F2CMaDMaXX likes this.
  16. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

means youre gay

clearconscience likes this.
  17. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Hey! We gots Dr effin Phill on here!?

18. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Guns !! Heck !!:eek: I can't find my car...:confused:

19. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have a Black Ops Recon too. Great looking gun. Shoot it some and post back.

20. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I have a similar dream in a life or death situation having to fire, but the trigger pull is so hard I can't pull it back, i use two hands and the trigger pull is about 50lbs.
    Then I'm pulling the trigger so hard I miss.
    Then I wake up freaked out.
    I think I should tell my wife it's a sign I need trigger jobs done on all my guns ; )