JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you built an AK from a 80% receiver?

Not yet, I have a polish kit I bought years ago, and an M72 kit I just recently bought I am going to build. I didn't have a shop or anything before now so now that I do I'm taking advantage of that and building some before the parts kits totally dry up. Plan is to do 6 or 7 in total.

I bought 3 of these receivers though.

20190905_221247.jpg

It looks like it would be a fun project. I'd have to buy some tools to do it - not that that's a bad thing. What about the finish? Paint it yourself or have someone do it?

These are definitely the easiest way to do it, you don't need a spot welder or to heat treat anything, just drill some holes. Still need a shop press though, and some special tools, it's more involved than building an AR.

Unless I was going for an original finish I would have them cerakoted. Parkerizing and bluing is easy enough to do yourself though, especially rust bluing. I plan to build a modern AK100 series clone for myself and I will have the whole thing cerakoted.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top