JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yet, not record numbers of prosecutions or deportations?
You know better than that. There are plenty of firearms and immigration laws on the books, but for some reason they aren't enforced. Not just this administration.....no administration in recent history has gone after the simple, basic issues that are driving crime. Possession of a stolen firearm, felon in possession of a firearm, straw purchases, "lie and try" on your 4473....why aren't these prosecuted to the full extent of the law...?? No, let's pass other laws that only honest people will follow.....

If you're not pissed off, you're not paying attention.....:mad:

....and those illegals are just the ones unlucky/dumb enough to try to buy one "legally" using their fake/stolen/forged ID's...
....and even then, they only got flagged because the people whose identity they stole/forged, were already un-able to pass the background check.

I believe she is confusing the number of illegals on the list of prohibited persons with the number of actual attempts by prohibited persons. I admittedly did not watch the complete video. This same "statistic" was debated over on CalGuns recently.

I saw a written report yesturday, they had an apology up later.
What @User 1234 said - they, the lazy reporters, listed the number of names in the prohibited list
NOT the number of attempted purchases.

I didn't watch the OP video.

If 8 million people are so stupid as to try and buy guns when they are prohibited, then we would 1, not have an issue with the Instant Check system, cause we'd know it was working. And 2, we'd be demanding that something be done.

I heard the number of attempts was about 25k. That would show as people who didn't know they were prohibited. Kinda like that politician who is out this week being pardoned, as he went hunting, tho he was a convicted felon. (How do we trust these guys when they don't even know what the law says)

Blog: .FBI: A Record High of 8 Million Illegal Immigrants Tried to Buy Guns in 2018

Newspaper: FBI: Record number of illegal immigrants barred from buying guns
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story said the numbers were of attempted purchases. The report is of "active records" of those barred. Washington Secrets regrets the error.

Update:
103K denials in 2017 - for all reasons. Most ~50k for having prior convictions. Page 16 of the PDF -
If you can find the report and analyze it - the FBI web site maintainers are on furlough.
2017 NICS Operations Report

3300 for being illegal alien in 2017
23k for all time of the NICS

You can find info and all the reports here:
National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)

Last Edited:
The statement has been made many times by idjits as high up as POTUS that buying a gun in the US is as easy as buying a book. I have engaged with people from EU that have never even tried to buy a weapon in their country, or ours, tell me that guns are too easy to buy in the US. And there was no system to check for restrictions on buying a firearm.

I wouldn't be surprised at all that an illegal immigrant comes in and truly believes they can buy a firearm. The last president said they could.

Obviously there is a problem with the numbers tho. 25k is a far cry from 8M. If you don't think so, I'll buy your $8M off you for $25k.

I believe she is confusing the number of illegals on the list of prohibited persons with the number of actual attempts by prohibited persons. I admittedly did not watch the complete video. This same "statistic" was debated over on CalGuns recently.
Who cares? She's hot.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads