JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Curious if anyone has read both of these books and how they compare: Seal Target: Geronimo by Chuck Pfarrar (former SEAL who wrote a book and went on a speaking tour shortly after the raid but who wasn't on the mission) and No Easy Day (written by a SEAL who was on the mission).

Pfarrar was quite outspoken about the OBL raid but his info was second hand whereas the author of No Easy Day would obviously have the most accurate info. I'm curious how close Pfarrar's version is to the other version.

Check out Owen's (not his real name) interview with 60 minutes on their website. I think a lot of the accounts that came out after the raid were counting on no one who was there actually contradicting the "official" account. Same thing happened with the Jessica Lynch story and Tillman. "Unnamed Officials" give accounts of pieces of what they heard or read in reports and do not get it in the complete context. Even Owen's story is only one point of view. It would take a author to interv iew all involved to encompass the complete history of the raid. Like Mark Bowden did with "Blackhawk Down." Doubt that will happen as the raid is classified and the administration doesn't want egg on their face that their people were violating OPSEC left and right. It really is sad because I would like to have the truth out there for history to judge and analyze. Maybe someday, but I doubt it.

Watch and see if the government confiscates all of the profits from this book. Apparently there is a Supreme Court precedence that enables this because Owen violated his non disclosure agreement even if he revealed no classified information. In any case I don't think Owen will be working as a contractor with any government contracts anytime soon.

I did see the 60 Minutes interview and found it absolutely fascinating. I'm looking forward to reading the "Owen" book. My curiosity on this subject really resides in what a former SEAL had to say about the mission and what a SEAL who was actually there had to say.

Well, the "official line" seems to be that Obama did it all himself and it'll get him reelected!

As far as the governments claim that it gives away secrets I sure don't see it, in fact the news showed and gave away more about the stealth helicopters than the book did!

Well, the "official line" seems to be that Obama did it all himself and it'll get him reelected!

I disagree but let's not let this thread get going sideways.

The 60 Minutes interview at least gives me a small bit of insight and leads me to believe that Chuck Pfarrar was kinda full of himself and poop. Some of the stuff I've seen and read indicated the SEAL's ran up against some false doors and had to blast their way in. I don't recall any of this in the 60 Minutes piece. Is there any mention of this in the No Easy Day book? I know I know ... buy the book and read it!

. Some of the stuff I've seen and read indicated the SEAL's ran up against some false doors and had to blast their way in. I don't recall any of this in the 60 Minutes piece. Is there any mention of this in the No Easy Day book? I know I know ... buy the book and read it!

Yes, it's in the "No Easy Day" book. I finished it late last night.
In the book the helo's were identified as UH-60 Black Hawks, nothing said about them being "secret stealth ones even though news stories and pictures showed that it was.

Also, the writer says that the majority of all profits will go to several charities to benefit the soldiers and families.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top