JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am finishing up my ar10 build and I am stuck between 3 scopes usoptics fixed 10x for 40% off i can get it for 1k.. nightforce or a mark 4..... this is a long distance hunting rifle/ target/ tactical rifle what u recommend :)

20190510_172322.jpg

Nightforce gets my vote out of those three but you didn't mention which model Nightforce. Come to think of it though, I would probably still pick any Nightforce model out of those three.

These scopes would be great on a precision bolt gun but IMO are a bit an over kill for gas gun intended for hunting and tactical use.

I respectfully disagree. 2.5-20 seems like the perfect compromise for a long distance hunting rifle/ target/ tactical rifle. 2.5 is plenty low enough for hunting and 20 is good for ringing the 1000 yard gong. :)

I respectfully disagree. 2.5-20 seems like the perfect compromise for a long distance hunting rifle/ target/ tactical rifle. 2.5 is plenty low enough for hunting and 20 is good for ringing the 1000 yard gong. :)

Not debating the utility of the magnification range, more questioning the larger footprint and increased weight on a rifle meant to be toted and swung around. Also, 10x has been used to slap at 1000 yards for decades. But to each their own.

2.5-20x50mm NX8
Tube Diameter: 30mm
Length: 12 in.
Weight: 28 oz.

4-32x50mm NX8
Length: 13.5 in.
Weight: 28 oz.

2.5-10x42mm NXS
Length: 11.9 in.
Weight: 20.5 oz.

1-8x24mm ATACR
Tube Diameter: 34mm
Length: 10.06 in.
Weight: 21 oz.

Last Edited:
I respectfully disagree. 2.5-20 seems like the perfect compromise for a long distance hunting rifle/ target/ tactical rifle. 2.5 is plenty low enough for hunting and 20 is good for ringing the 1000 yard gong. :)[/QUOT

I would strongly agree with you especially around here for hunting southern Oregon can be pretty thick at times and having a 2.5- 20x power would illuminate the fact of a rmr red dot with a 45degree offset mount! Lol weeks later I am still trying to decide lmao I have a viper vortex pst 1-4x and use it on my home defense SBR..... always on the 1 power but have the option for x4

Not even a question, nightforce.

I totally agree. Just about any SHV would do the trick. Absolutely no need for the high dollar ATACR or even the NXS though. IMHO. You get a lot less of a return on your hard earned money. The SHV was made for hunters.. in all honesty, ALL of my ARs wear the Burris AR rifle scopes. The 556's use the AR556 and both AR10's wear the AR 762 4.5-14×42. plenty of glass for my AR rifles. They track well and return to zero like no bodies business. The glass is actually quite good and the price is exceptional.

Last Edited:
I totally agree. Just about any SHV would do the trick. Absolutely no need for the high dollar ATACR or even the NXS though. IMHO. You get a lot less of a return on your hard earned money. The SHV was made for hunters..
After a certain point the money becomes more about making sure every little thing is great vs getting best bang for the dollar.

Thank you all for your honest opnion I have yet to make a decision tho hahahhaha my wife just got in to guns haha so I am using my extra gun money to set the hook with her lmao

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top