Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Recommended Gunsmith?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by FreedomEagle, Mar 31, 2014.

1. FreedomEagle

FreedomEagle Portland, OR New Member

Anyone recommend a gunsmith in the Portland area? I inherited some firearms that need a little cosmetic makeover, and my Model 70 .243 has been having issues with loading a new round jamming rifle.

I've called quite a few and left messages over the past couple of months, but never got one call back.

2. BVB

BVB PDX Active Member

3. badnova

badnova oregon New Member

I would like some info on Reveltion Arms. I'm looking for a really cometent 1911 gunsmith
    Send me a PM or lonline
    Thanks

FreedomEagle likes this.
  4. Sputnikfell

Sputnikfell Portland, OR New Member

I have heard very good things about Allison & Carey, on 17311 SE Stark St, Portland. They have been around a long time. Also, Rich's Gunsmith in Donald (down by Wilsonville).

U201491, ZigZagZeke and FreedomEagle like this.
  5. SpongeRock

SpongeRock Beaverton New Member

If you are not in a hurry, try Bob at Oregon Timberwolf LLC 15 minutes south of Oregon City. He's retired Law Enforcement, knows his stuff, and very reasonable pricing. He's worked on my Colt rifle and my Sig handgun. The quality of his work is excellent, he just has a backlog (currently), so my most recent job has taken him 5 weeks+. Still highly recommend him.

Phone: 503-632-GUNS (4867)
    Basic Inquiries: info@OregonTimberwolf.com
    Pricing & Services: services@OregonTimberwolf.com
    Mailing address:
    Oregon Timberwolf, LLC
    P.O. Box 1414
    Oregon City, OR 97045

MikeE and FreedomEagle like this.
  6. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Allison & Carey has done work for me on more than one occasion. Always quality work, reasonably priced, and ahead of schedule. On separate occasions I had an AR barrel shortened, a deer rifle barrel free floated, and headspace checked on an AR. All three jobs were completed quickly and at good prices. Other people have reported a few negative experiences, but all of mine have been positive. I suspect it has to do with the customer's attitude.

U201491 and MikeE like this.
  7. pslyke

pslyke Portland Active Member

Put a nice 3" scratch on my new $600 manners stock and still charged me $100 for the install. Would love to have more options locally for someone competent who also cares about being meticulous.

8. BVB

BVB PDX Active Member

I have NEVER had a problem with Roger,he has always been upfront with what he is going to do with the issue I have had. never a damage issue either! must have been a fluke.

9. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Hahaha search revelation arms and all the issues. Then avoid like the plague

10. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

Usually most business do not wish to talk, they are too busy! I have heard good things about Richs in Donald.

U201491 likes this.
  11. netcarrier

netcarrier Portland, Oregon Active Member

Hi FreedomEagle,
    I'm Tony I can help you out let me know. I am in the Springdale area by Troutdale/Gresham here is my Email netcarrier@yahoo.com
    Tony Portland, Oregon Area

12. equin68

equin68 Newberg, OR Member

Rich's Guns in Donald does excellent work. They took my norinco 1911 and did an incredible job on it. Note some of the work was repairing prior work from shooter service center in St. John

13. tucker

tucker washington Member

www.jbeaglerifles.com

14. netcarrier

netcarrier Portland, Oregon Active Member

15. FreeIndividual

FreeIndividual Vancouver area Member

I went to Rich's in Donald once, years ago, and found that they did good work but were expensive (maybe just for me--maybe they saw me coming a mile away?). Marcus of Al's guns in Verboort did similar and very good work for quite a bit less. Les at Clark County Gunsmithing in Vancouver is excellent and also charges low prices.

16. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Try Riches Guns in Donald.
    503-678-2424
    Talk to Lee

17. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Next exit past the rest area, about 3 or 4 miles south of Wilsonville and turn at the TA travel center exit and turn right at end of the off ramp and thhen go about 3 miles to the left you will see Donald across the field there is a 4 way turn left there.
    Riches is very good. Allison & Carey is too but you might wait a yr for the work.

18. Sputnikfell

Sputnikfell Portland, OR New Member

This summer I also used Revelation Firearms in Aloha. I had them cerakote an Argentinian mouser. They did a good job; were a little on the spendy side, but I liked the owner. His shop is something to see.