JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone recommend a gunsmith in the Portland area? I inherited some firearms that need a little cosmetic makeover, and my Model 70 .243 has been having issues with loading a new round jamming rifle.

I've called quite a few and left messages over the past couple of months, but never got one call back.

If you are not in a hurry, try Bob at Oregon Timberwolf LLC 15 minutes south of Oregon City. He's retired Law Enforcement, knows his stuff, and very reasonable pricing. He's worked on my Colt rifle and my Sig handgun. The quality of his work is excellent, he just has a backlog (currently), so my most recent job has taken him 5 weeks+. Still highly recommend him.

Phone: <broken link removed> (4867)
Basic Inquiries: [email protected]
Pricing & Services: [email protected]
Mailing address:
Oregon Timberwolf, LLC
P.O. Box 1414
Oregon City, OR 97045

Allison & Carey has done work for me on more than one occasion. Always quality work, reasonably priced, and ahead of schedule. On separate occasions I had an AR barrel shortened, a deer rifle barrel free floated, and headspace checked on an AR. All three jobs were completed quickly and at good prices. Other people have reported a few negative experiences, but all of mine have been positive. I suspect it has to do with the customer's attitude.

I have NEVER had a problem with Roger,he has always been upfront with what he is going to do with the issue I have had. never a damage issue either! must have been a fluke.

Anyone recommend a gunsmith in the Portland area? I inherited some firearms that need a little cosmetic makeover, and my Model 70 .243 has been having issues with loading a new round jamming rifle.

I've called quite a few and left messages over the past couple of months, but never got one call back.

Usually most business do not wish to talk, they are too busy! I have heard good things about Richs in Donald.

Rich's Guns in Donald does excellent work. They took my norinco 1911 and did an incredible job on it. Note some of the work was repairing prior work from shooter service center in St. John

<broken link removed>

I went to Rich's in Donald once, years ago, and found that they did good work but were expensive (maybe just for me--maybe they saw me coming a mile away?). Marcus of Al's guns in Verboort did similar and very good work for quite a bit less. Les at Clark County Gunsmithing in Vancouver is excellent and also charges low prices.

Try Riches Guns in Donald.
503-678-2424
Talk to Lee

I have heard very good things about Allison & Carey, on 17311 SE Stark St, Portland. They have been around a long time. Also, Rich's Gunsmith in Donald (down by Wilsonville).

Next exit past the rest area, about 3 or 4 miles south of Wilsonville and turn at the TA travel center exit and turn right at end of the off ramp and thhen go about 3 miles to the left you will see Donald across the field there is a 4 way turn left there.
Riches is very good. Allison & Carey is too but you might wait a yr for the work.

This summer I also used Revelation Firearms in Aloha. I had them cerakote an Argentinian mouser. They did a good job; were a little on the spendy side, but I liked the owner. His shop is something to see.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top