JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have four or five smaller Surefire models around, in the truck etc.
I've had a Helotex G4 for some years now and the toggle only works for on and off since the dimmer feature died a year back. But it's bright.

So, it's fortuitous that @Country Gent started this thread, because I'm in a quandary on flashlights as well.

Grazie.

It depends on your use to determine what would work best. Also look at the lumen settings. 200 lm is a good all around light. Most have multiple settings that would go below that for close up work and higher settings for when you need to see that far back corner of the yard. I would go with lithium batteries as they last longer and don't leak like alkaline batteries do. It is important to look at the run time for the light. Longer is obviously better.
I like Nitecore and Fenix lights.
And also get a head lamp. I use mine more than my other lights as it leaves both hands free. Everyone should have a head lamp in their car. Remember trying to hold the hand held light in your mouth or armpit because you needed both hands? Flash lights are just like guns or knives, pick the right tool for the job you need it to do. Buy quality and only cry once.

Which models? And good choice!

It say 6P. This:

s-l1600.jpg

OK. Dunno what this word means in this context.

Incandescent is an actual light bulb vs the LED version. Incans will eat batteries faster, are REALLY low lumen compared to LED and also prone to popping if subjected to an impact.

LED is the ONLY way to go.

Hi-Point? No good! :p

I have 6 of these cheap Costco LED lights, 200 lumens.... got em on sale like 10 years ago for maybe 30 bucks total. They just float around the house and car, at least two are lost at any given time but seem to show up somewhere later on. They never fail.
I hear Hi Points never jam.

It all boils down to individual experience, I have a box of returned, failed surefire's. I would feel much more confident protecting myself and family with a Canik, over a Sig or Wilson. Returns and personal experience! Chevy, Ford, Dodge, we all have our personal preference. But I do have a 10.00 Nebo light that out performed any surefire. Like I said, no prejudice, just personal experience. Like what you like, buy what you want.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top