Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Recommended books, DVDs, or other on first aid

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by ATCclears, Mar 9, 2012.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

I'm interested in increasing my first-aid skills and medical knowledge, but I don't have the time or $ to be off work for a month and take a course like this:
    http://www.remotemedical.com/wilderness-medicine-training/Wilderness-EMT-WEMT

The same website mentions two books for their course:

Amazon.com: Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured (Orange Book Series (40th Anniverary)) (9781449615895): American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS): Books

Amazon.com: BLS for Healthcare Providers [With CDROM] [BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVI]: Mary Fran(Editor) ; Gonzales, Louis(Editor); O'Neill, Lindy(Editor) Hazinski: Books

So I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations beyond these books.

Peter

2. unionguy

unionguy Portland Active Member

"where there is no doctor" is good.

3. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

4. M67

M67 NW Oregon Active Member

You may also consider~

Edible and Medicinal plants of the West, and Medicinal Plants of the Pacific West.

Both of these books are full of useful information.

M67

5. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

My neighbor is a part time volunteer EMT (paid for runs only) and has been for many years, she is checking to see if I do some volunteer work around the station if I can get some free training, you may talk to your local fire dept and emt's to see what their policy is, every state, county and dept is different.

ATCclears and (deleted member) like this.