JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have quite a few threaded barrels mostly in lighter profiles but I have been wanting an unthreaded bull barrel. My budget is about $200. What brands would you look at in that price range? This one has caught my eye.

I do think it's interesting that the WOA went with a non-standard length gas tube on the 18" barrel. I've never had an issue with the riffle length gas on my 18" barrels and the recoil is like a 22lr. I'd choose riffle over mid length but It seems to me the inch less than rifle length would be just about perfect.

Looks like CMMG makes a similar barrel but it's a 1:7. Natchezss shows them in stock $199:

$147 here:

I do think it's interesting that the WOA went with a non-standard length gas tube on the 18" barrel. I've never had an issue with the riffle length gas on my 18" barrels and the recoil is like a 22lr. I'd choose riffle over mid length but It seems to me the inch less than rifle length would be just about perfect.

Looks like CMMG makes a similar barrel but it's a 1:7. Natchezss shows them in stock $199:

$147 here:
Save a few bucks and get these barrels over the WOA?? You get what you pay for. I have worn out several WOA
"Service Rifle" barrels and one Match Rifle barrel. They all shot excellent .5 MOA. I am very pleased with how the WOA
barrels shoot. Not that exspensive compared to other competition barrels. The only problem is it takes months
to get. I have one on order now. I have no experience with there Varmit barrels but I would highly recommend there
Service Rifle and Match Rifle barrels.

I have quite a few threaded barrels mostly in lighter profiles but I have been wanting an unthreaded bull barrel. My budget is about $200. What brands would you look at in that price range? This one has caught my eye.

I have the 20" version of the Wilson barrel you linked and it is a shooter. I will say with the 1-8 twist it really seems to shine with projectiles at 60gr and up.

C8D94EEA-6C2F-4E77-B1C8-D4AF7C13C45F.jpeg

Last Edited:
I would second the DPMS barrel in this price range. A friend has a 20 bull barrel that shoots great groups with his handloads.I have a dpms18" threaded barrel that will hold great groups if I do my part. But I don't think you could go wrong with the Wilson from what I've seen.

Another vote for WOA. Sign up for their newsletter as they run sales around once a quarter it seems. My WOA 20" bull barrel with 1 in 12 twist has shot sub 1/2" groups right out of the box with Fiocchi 40gr and 50gr VMAX factory ammo. It has been so accurate with the cheap factory ammo I have never handloaded for it.

That is an awesome group for a sub $250 barrel. Does it shoot 77 grainers that well? Did you have trouble with barrel nut fitting over barrel?
I haven't got around to shooting any 77's through it yet but it piles anything 60-70gr into ragged holes. I think I have a 10 shot sub 1/2" group target with 60 gr ballistic tips lying around somewhere. I used a cheap rail on this one and it seemed like I did have to try a couple until I found one that the nut worked with the bull profile.

I haven't got around to shooting any 77's through it yet but it piles anything 60-70gr into ragged holes. I think I have a 10 shot sub 1/2" group target with 60 gr ballistic tips lying around somewhere. I used a cheap rail on this one and it seemed like I did have to try a couple until I found one that the nut worked with the bull profile.
The Wilson Arms barrel is going to stay on my list as a top contender. The WOA barrels are nice but pretty much all are on backorder.

Save a few bucks and get these barrels over the WOA?? You get what you pay for. I have worn out several WOA
"Service Rifle" barrels and one Match Rifle barrel. They all shot excellent .5 MOA. I am very pleased with how the WOA
barrels shoot. Not that expensive compared to other competition barrels. The only problem is it takes months
to get. I have one on order now. I have no experience with there Varmit barrels but I would highly recommend there
Service Rifle and Match Rifle barrels.
I agree, that's why the first barrel I suggested was the WOA, but it sounded like @arakboss was trying to stay within the budget he set. I've had excellent results with my SPR barrel from WOA, and I have no doubt their varmint barrel is just as good or better. I know the saying is "buy once cry once", but I for one can only buy once so many times. I've got builds using only the best components and optics, and I've got just as many on Anderson lowers with Primary Arms micro dots. They all have their place. A couple months ago months back Primary Arms had a Radical Firearms 10.5" 458 Socom barrel marked all the way down to $49. I've only heard bad things about Radical Firearms but I decided to take a chance. I've been wanting 458 Socom for a long time and dies/components were still easy to find unlike most. I've paid almost as much for a trigger as this build cost, but It's it's running great and is an absolute blast to shoot. I think it can be more rewarding and enjoyable, especially as a reloader, to squeeze accuracy out of something I shouldn't be able to and save a few bucks. Other times I just want the best and don't care so much what it costs. It all depends on the situation.

There were a lot of votes for WOA barrels. This one came back in stock today. It's not a bull profile and it's threaded which I didn't really want but it lacks a gas port which I really like. I have $200 worth of Brownells gift cards so now I have to watch for good discount code and pay the difference with cash. The resale on this barrel will likely be low since most people will want a gas port but if it shoots really well I won't mind keeping it.

If you're happy, then buy it. Just throw a thread protector on it and call it good. I run thread protectors on all my threaded barrels since I don't own a can and I use my rifles for hunting most of the time. Ever sat in a coyote stand next to a guy with a birdcage on his AR? Ringing for days!!!!

I think Wilson Arms (not Wilson Combat) are good barrels for the money.
Rock River (among others) uses Wilson Arms barrels.

White Oak Armament, I believe uses several different barrel manufacturers.
If you buy from WOA, you're getting a "cherry picked" barrel, if you know what I mean.
John Holliger stakes his reputation on every barrel that goes out the door.

Bison Armory uses E.R. Shaw barrels.
And it's the same regimen as WOA .

This 24" Criterion barrel is on the high side price wise but might allow me to use some slower powders.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top