JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll stay with my Ares aegis belt. Not tactiacl looking and never loosens up. And it's stiff as the day I bought it 10 years ago.

Re-Sparking this thread for a question on belts. Which one of these EDC belts can you tighten down the best? I love the idea of the ratchet system but a more classic buckle that can be used as a fulcrum to cinch down tight which I really like.

I love my grip6 belt and has held up great but is just not quite stiff enough or able to be tightened as much as I would like with a holster.

The Kore looks great but the blue alpha gear EDC belt looks good too but a lot more flimsy.
The Ares Gear Aegis or anything with a cobra buckle will be infinitely adjustable and cinch down just fine. Cobra buckles are extremely robust...probably the most robust buckle out there. The Aegis buckle used to be a tank but they've recently switched from steel to polymer and I haven't seen/tried one of new ones yet. I'm sure they're fine though. The Aegis, however, uses scuba webbing and is extremely stiff if you're looking for a really rigid belt.

I have a buddy who had a Kore belt and was having some issues with it as the plastic/polymer ratcheting track on the under side of the belt wasn't holding up. I have no idea how big or widespread of an issue that is/was.

I've never heard someone call a Blue Alpha belt "flimsy." They have a really good reputation. But then the leather Kore belts always looked cheap to me so to each his own. Their nylon tactical belts are supposed to be more robust...the belt itself. I think they all use the same plastic/polymer track.

The Ares Gear Aegis or anything with a cobra buckle will be infinitely adjustable and cinch down just fine. Cobra buckles are extremely robust...probably the most robust buckle out there. The Aegis buckle used to be a tank but they've recently switched from steel to polymer and I haven't seen/tried one of new ones yet. I'm sure they're fine though. The Aegis, however, uses scuba webbing and is extremely stiff if you're looking for a really rigid belt.

I have a buddy who had a Kore belt and was having some issues with it as the plastic/polymer ratcheting track on the under side of the belt wasn't holding up. I have no idea how big or widespread of an issue that is/was.

I've never heard someone call a Blue Alpha belt "flimsy." They have a really good reputation. But then the leather Kore belts always looked cheap to me so to each his own. Their nylon tactical belts are supposed to be more robust...the belt itself. I think they all use the same plastic/polymer track.
They changed the buckle to polymer?!?! That's a shame. I have one of the old school ones and the thing is a tank.

I had an EDC belt custom made for like $100. Had one of the top leathersmiths in America make what I wanted. After 47 years of making do with what's offered I had what I wanted made.

Best no bullbubblegum belt Ive found... and granted my belt budget is a lot less than yours.... is the Uncle Mikes Instructor belt

I wear it all day every day. Ive carried fullsize pistols IWB with it all day and thats with keys and a leatherman hanging on the other side and the belt has never let me down in over two years. Works just as well with OWB carry.

Reinforced so its super stiff, yet feels comfortable. Comes in black, tan or ranger green... buckle is solid but not overly gawdy or tactical looking

They changed the buckle to polymer?!?! That's a shame. I have one of the old school ones and the thing is a tank.
Yea. I was bummed about that too. I think they were having problems sourcing it. The polymer, however, will certainly be lighter and won't set off metal detectors...maybe. I think the friction bar, however, is still steel.

My belt is a good five years old and still going strong. I thought if and when the time comes to replace it, I'd drop Ares Gear an email and see if they could build me a new belt using my old steel buckle if I sent it back to them...assuming it's still good.

Yea. I was bummed about that too. I think they were having problems sourcing it. The polymer, however, will certainly be lighter and won't set off metal detectors...maybe. I think the friction bar, however, is still steel.

My belt is a good five years old and still going strong. I thought if and when the time comes to replace it, I'd drop Ares Gear an email and see if they could build me a new belt using my old steel buckle if I sent it back to them...assuming it's still good.
Not a bad idea. I am amazed at the quality of their belts. 10 years and it's just getting broken in. I like them cause I can even wear them in dress clothes and they don't have a rigger or cobra buckle that screams I am carrying a gun.

Not a bad idea. I am amazed at the quality of their belts. 10 years and it's just getting broken in. I like them cause I can even wear them in dress clothes and they don't have a rigger or cobra buckle that screams I am carrying a gun.
Exactly! They do not scream, "shoot me first." And they're rigid enough to get you through a whole lot of range work too if you don't want to move up to a full battle belt or double belt system.

I would go with 5:11 tactical. Very high quality and leather ones are stiff enough to support even heavy guns. Prices are reasonable for the high quality.

E71A5373-1F72-49F0-99E8-FEE4BA9990E5.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads