JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
5.11 wear well, easily adjustable for IWB/OWB, decent value. Prefer the metal buckle types. They do have many styles, some may not be suitable for carry. I believe mine are the "trainer" and "traverse" models.

Up Salem way 911 supply in Keizer used to carry a decent selection of 5.11. Still may, worth a look for sure tho.

Looks like 5.11 also has a brick & mortar store up in Tualatin these days.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm not the biggest fan of leather but it would be the most durable I'm sure. I've been looking at belts with the cobra clip. I'd be looking for something that won't stand out or catch any extra attention, so like a darker colored belt with no shiny parts. Most of my clothes are dark so I don't want a bright brown leather belt. Im not sure how sturdy of a belt I'd want. Is there such thing as too sturdy for a edc belt?

Thanks for all the replies. I'm not the biggest fan of leather but it would be the most durable I'm sure. I've been looking at belts with the cobra clip. I'd be looking for something that won't stand out or catch any extra attention, so like a darker colored belt with no shiny parts. Most of my clothes are dark so I don't want a bright brown leather belt. Im not sure how sturdy of a belt I'd want. Is there such thing as too sturdy for a edc belt?
I have an eextensive collection of all things firearms, including EDC belts, haha. My go to for the last 2 years is this: https://www.bluealphabelts.com/product/hybrid-edc-belt/

Everyone has opinions but this belt may be right up your alley, rigid, plain, low profile. I carry a Shadow Systems MR920 in a Vedder holster at the AIWB

John makes a bunch of different gear. I have 2 of the 1.5" Rigid Cobra Duty Belts. 5 years of daily use and no problems. https://www.originalsoegear.com

I have an eextensive collection of all things firearms, including EDC belts, haha. My go to for the last 2 years is this: https://www.bluealphabelts.com/product/hybrid-edc-belt/

Everyone has opinions but this belt may be right up your alley, rigid, plain, low profile. I carry a Shadow Systems MR920 in a Vedder holster at the AIWB

I can attest to both OSOE and Blue Alpha.

Also look at Beltman if you prefer leather.
https://www.thebeltman.net/collections/gunbelts

Vedder Cobra belt. I have two and wear one every day. They're tough as nails and retain their stiffness, apparently, forever. I bought mine when they were first introduced so... 3 or 4 years, l guess.
I just looked at the Blue Alpha belts suggested above. They appear to be a copy of the Vedder design with the smaller (regular pants/jeans) -sized buckle. I can't 100% confirm who was first, but Vedder's claim at introduction was that they were the ONLY ones w that exclusive buckle design. Also the BA belts are 10 bucks cheaper. That's not a knock against em if they're a great belt, and @Triton900 says they are so, try either one... or both!

One caveat with these types of belts:
if you're going to use an OWB holster where the belt has to thread through slots (like a pancake or similar), the buckle says , NO... it won't fit. That's when you need a good leather belt.
Hank's
Urban Carry
Both high quality EDC belts. I prefer mine without cores.

Last Edited:
If I see a cobra buckle I almost always assume the person is carrying or "tacticool."

Leather is not necessarily the most durable. Leather can stretch...particularly the holes...and leather is not really the best suited to wet environments.

A nylon belt made from scuba webbing is pretty impervious to the elements. It also won't stretch. And web belts usually have a buckle system that is infinitely adjustable...compared to leather belts where the holes never seem to be in quite the right place.

This issue is the main reason I've never been a big fan of leather for a gun belt. And once you've used a belt that is infinitely adjustable, you will likely never want to go back to the traditional "hole in leather" route.

Cobra buckles are great but they do tend to scream tactical...which may not be a big deal if you always wear your shirt untucked. If you do decide to go with a cobra belt, make sure you get one where the buckle will easily thread through your belt loops. Because having to take the belt apart to get it threaded, is a PITA on a daily basis. Many makers have now downsized at least one end of the cobra buckle on their EDC belts so that they can be easily threaded through belt loops.

And yes, there is such a thing as too rigid of a belt. There were some police studies actually done a while back on very rigid belts leading to increased back issues and such. You can probably find it with a little googling.

Note that the Ares Gear Aegis belt I recommended in a previous post is a pretty rigid belt. I personally like it and it's never bothered me but it may be too rigid for some. Further, much depends on what all you intend to carry on your belt. A small M&P Shield with a single mag is not going to need the same belt as a 5" steel 1911 with two mags...which won't need the same belt as a full range loadout of multiple rifle mags, pistol mags, range holster, knife, first aid kit, light, etc.

I am a fan of the "Hanks" belt.
wear it every day.
first one I bought, I broke the inner kydex. Figured it was my fault so I didn't return.
they kept sending emails asking for a review.
wnen I described what happened they sent another without being asked.
I have had the replacement for four years.
I am hard on belts because of my work.
it holds up as advertised. I would buy another.

I've been running Kramer belts for about ten years and the two I bought are as firm and formed as the first day I got them. Belts are definitely a user-preference thing, so you doing your research is a good thing.

For me, I wanted functional and everyday wear in all occasions. Their customer service made sure I wasn't a one-and-done with them.

Best belt I've owned.

as childish as might seem.....
1620241626341.png 1620241626341.png

Yes

Re-Sparking this thread for a question on belts. Which one of these EDC belts can you tighten down the best? I love the idea of the ratchet system but a more classic buckle that can be used as a fulcrum to cinch down tight which I really like.

I love my grip6 belt and has held up great but is just not quite stiff enough or able to be tightened as much as I would like with a holster.

The Kore looks great but the blue alpha gear EDC belt looks good too but a lot more flimsy.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top