JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As I gather parts to build up my AR lower, I've started to look around at tools since I'm starting from scratch.

Any of you guys have any suggestions for a basic "just what you need to assemble a lower in one package" toolkit, preferably something much smaller than the Wheeler AR Essentials Kit? (If I'm going to buy a Wheeler, I want to do it right and get the Ultra, but $200 at a time can be a challenge on cash flow.)

Any of you guys have any suggestions for a basic "just what you need to assemble a lower in one package" toolkit

I built an AR lower complete with only a Lyman 7pc punch kit ($50) and a DPMS Multi Tool armorors wrench ($34). Thats $84 bucks total got both at my LGS so I didn't pay shipping. If you really wanted to skimp you could buy a cheap brass hammer at the hardware store and just buy only the punches that match the roll pins. You'll get all kinds of advice but you don't really need separate special roll pin punches or that special Brownells punch to push in the bolt catch pin just put some tape on the frame and go slow...

I followed the instructions from these guys: DIY AR-15 Build: Introduction, Parts and Tools Required

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top