JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any ideas on what would fit and work? Will try to replace the sights with night sights and co-witness through red or green dot? Thanks.
I ran Delta Point Pro with the small 2.5 red dot, and Dawson Precision co-witness sights on a couple of gen5. I like the red dot over the green dots. I also ran an RMR with red dot on a gen5 G34 without co-witness because it was just a range gun. Both of these red dots are a little bit wide for a G17.

They say green is easier to see in daylight. Ive also tried using the little Streamlight TLR-8 with red laser for backups. This fits a Glock frame width really well!

Big tall co-witness sights can snag on stuff and get bumped so a laser light as another back up is a pretty good idea. Lots of options out there...

Last Edited:
I ran Delta Point Pro with the small 2.5 red dot, and Dawson Precision co-witness sights on a couple of gen5. I like the red dot over the green dots. I also ran an RMR with red dot on a gen5 G34 without co-witness because it was just a range gun. Both of these red dots are a little bit wide for a G17.

They say green is easier to see in daylight. Ive also tried using the little Streamlight TLR-8 with red laser for backups. This fits a Glock frame width really well!

Big tall co-witness sights can snag on stuff and get bumped so a laser light as another back up is a pretty good idea. Lots of options out there...

Did you find a special holster for the elevated co-witness sights and the red/greed dot mos? Did you ever find a movement activated MOS?

Sig romeo 1 is the only rmr style sight that has motion activation as far as I know. Only has a red option also. I have had good luck with the motac feature on my romeo 5's but no firsthand experience with the romeo 1.

edit: With a little google foo I see Leupold delta point also has motion activation but again only in red.

Last Edited:
Did you find a special holster for the elevated co-witness sights and the red/greed dot mos? Did you ever find a movement activated MOS?
I used an Uncle Mike's IWB but there are better out there. I'm pretty sure both are motion activated but you'll want to verify in case a newer version was released. Mine were from 4-5 years ago.

Motion activation is fine, but it's just more tech to fail. With some of the newer optics having a multiple-year battery life why not look at those?

Motion activation is fine, but it's just more tech to fail. With some of the newer optics having a multiple-year battery life why not look at those?
True statement right there. I had a holsun motion activated red dot cost me a chance at a deer when it failed. A more important feature in my mind is being able to change the battery from the top rather than having to dismount to change batt.

True statement right there. I had a holsun motion activated red dot cost me a chance at a deer when it failed. A more important feature in my mind is being able to change the battery from the top rather than having to dismount to change batt.

I hope you sent your holosun back to be fixed- I sent a 507 v1 back as the button that changes reticles kept sticking - got a brand new V2 back within 10 days, no questions asked- They covered shipping.

5 holosuns, 510, 512's and 507's - zero shake awake failures so far, batteries are inserted via a "drawer" on the side- 407/507 have an RMR footprint.
50,000 hour life and the 507's, clearer glass than any RMR I've owned and a crisper reticle.
It will co witnesswith supressor height Glock Sights, not regular height.

Last Edited:
Yes, it was a bit of a goat rope but it got fixed. Seems to be ok so far but I will probably never completely trust motion activation for anything but fun guns.

I've been running a Holosun 507 for about a year on a pretty heavy practice and match schedule, shooting 9mm. Has held up really well so far, and fits the rmr pattern. Mine has the battery underneath, which is not great, but the new models have a drawer on the side, so you can change the battery without losing your zero. It also has a solar panel on top, so I haven't needed to change the battery. ( I did change it once, a week before a match, just out of caution). I like the 507 because it is a green reticle, and you can select several reticle shapes by pushing buttons. The circle with a dot in the middle is really fast to acquire. Holds its zero perfectly over time and being bumped around in the gear bag on my gun hasn't messed it up yet.
I also have the Sig Alpha Romeo, in the "not rmr" base, no complaints other than reticle choices... any color or shape you want, as long is it's red, and a dot. Haven't shot that one a lot this year, it's the one in my avatar pic, on a Gsg 22.

Swampfox is newer company out of Colorado that has some pretty nifty optics in a decent price range.
I've been looking for a green dot other than Holosun and they have one in the RMR footprint.

They have one that has the RMSc footprint also.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top