JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You've limited your options with that metric left-hand threaded barrel.
Parker Mountain Machine makes a compensator for Gen5 13.5x1 LH that doesn't look like some bolt-on wart.

You've limited your options with that metric left-hand threaded barrel.
Parker Mountain Machine makes a compensator for Gen5 13.5x1 LH that doesn't look like some bolt-on wart.
It's a 1/2x28 RH thread. Also already checked out PMM, the comp they have for the Gen5s is not tested on the OEM threaded barrels, or not recommended.

Agency 417 specifically says it's not compatible with OEM barrels.

Hoping to find someone with experience.

It's a 1/2x28 RH thread. Also already checked out PMM, the comp they have for the Gen5s is not tested on the OEM threaded barrels, or not recommended.

Agency 417 specifically says it's not compatible with OEM barrels.

Hoping to find someone with experience.
Return the barrel.
Pick out the comp.
Buy the appropriate barrel.

Just got a Glock OEM threaded barrel for my G19 Gen 5. Looking at getting a comp. Anyone have experience with comps on the Glock OEM threaded barrels?

Glock Gen 5 M 1/2 x 28 RH Thread
I have many compensators, but keep in mind that the key to all of them is the guide rod spring weight. The best out there is probably the Zev V2 Comp. In my opinion that and the Killer innovations Compensators are the 2 best. I also have a Faxon comp that is very nice, but with all of that said I run a Faxon Comp with a Faxon barrel and a Killer innovations velocity MOD 2 barrel with the Killer innovations Comp.

I also run a KKM Precision barrel with a Carver Custom Compensator. The thread pitch is different on the KKM, but Carver Custom makes one of the best compensators out there that will fit it and all 3 barrels are 3 of the absolute best barrels you can buy. So if you're not looking at getting a barrel as well, I would go with the Zev V2 Comp and learn about the difference spring weights first

My kkm and carver custom work great together on my g40!
I agree, I have one on my G19 Gen 5 and works flawlessly! The thread pitch is what people need to be educated on so they know ahead of time that getting a KKM Precision barrel and only using the Carver Custom Compensator is a must! (Do to the difference in the thread pitch) 2 or 3 port bullnose are top of the line compensators no doubt! ( I recommend the 2 port)

Other compensators are a waste of time with the KKM barrel and just won't work correctly. The Carver Custom Compensator is made specifically for that barrel and thread pitch and shouldn't bother wasting their time even trying anything else. Not even the Zev comp! Matching compensators with their intended barrels is how you should definitely do it with the exception of maybe the Zev V2 Comp, but even that is trial and error when trying to find the right guide rod spring weight so it works correctly.

This also depends on your slide and if you're using factory or aftermarket slides including slide weight modifications such as slide and optic cuts. So if he's using a factory slide with no modifications and a Glock factory threaded barrel, then his best bet is to get the Zev V2 Comp that uses torque screws instead of set screws and a few different spring weights to feel it out. Factory spring weight for his G19 Gen 5 is 18 pounds so I would recommend getting a 13 and 15 pound guide rod and blow off some rounds until he gets it tuned correctly for him.

CDS sells full size double spring guide rods in those weights now so you won't have to buy a Gen 3 guide rod assembly anymore with the bushing to make it fit correctly. So pick you up a couple, get you some 124 and 147 grain blazers or federal ammunition and go to town. I also recommend staying away from the 115 grain ammunition if using a Compensator, but that's just me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top