JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sure understand why people would want that protection, but, that said I hope we don't get to the point where its a requirement to own or carry a firearm. That has been pushed in some circles in the past to make it expensive for folks to own or carry a firearm. A gun control technique.

I like and promote ACLDN ACLDN
I've been a member for just shy of 10 years - and as most members have not needed their legal services. If memory serves me correctly, over their life time about 2 dozen members have gotten involved where major support was needed - and delivered. It is likely that their monthly newsletter, and the training materials provided to each member help see situations to avoid - hence the low utilization rate of the financial support and services. Those that did need financial support got it - instant bail money, covered nearly all court, lawyer, investigator, and expert witness fees as they occurred. Currently there is well over one million dollars in the defense fund, and ACLDN will use up to one half of that for any member who needs assistance after a self defense action. Additionally ACLDN is a 503(c)(3) - Non profit organization. No profit motive, upselling or need to generate a profit for shareholders.

ACLDN takes care of expense as they occur - rather than a reimbursement plan. It is not insurance, per se, but is a "we will help you as the need occurs" agreement – the funds are paid directly to the lawyer, bondsman, expert witness, investigator, or whoever is needed to prove you acted in self-defense. I promote them because I have confidence in the managers, the people who run it, and their advisory council. Check them out on their web site. Down load their pamphlet and read about it.

Additionally their nationally recognized team of self-defense legal experts is available to counsel and advise your lawyer on the best and proven techniques in using an Affirmative Defense. Where you stipulate, "Yes I shot my attacker, and I was justified in doing so." Now the state must try prove that you were not. Many lawyers shy away from Affirmative Defense as that is the same concept used for the "Insanity Plea" and think they should always try to make the state prove you were guilty. Guilty is for folks who break the law, your shooting was "Justified". These cases are not common and represent a very small portion of court cases involving shooting or other life threatening actions.

Currently ACLDN is in a dispute with the Washington State Insurance Commissioner, and they cannot offer new memberships in WA. ACLDN holds they are NOT an insurance company and should not be regulated by the WA insurance commissioner. The do offer memberships in all 49 other states.

Who ever you select, they should pay your needs for you rather than reimburse after you lay out cash.

Last Edited:
I like and promote ACLDN ACLDN
I've been a member for just shy of 10 years - and as most members have not needed their legal services. If memory serves me correctly, over their life time about 2 dozen members have gotten involved where major support was needed - and delivered. It is likely that their monthly newsletter, and the training materials provided to each member help see situations to avoid - hence the low utilization rate of the financial support and services. Those that did need financial support got it - instant bail money, covered nearly all court, lawyer, investigator, and expert witness fees as they occurred. Currently there is well over one million dollars in the defense fund, and ACLDN will use up to one half of that for any member who needs assistance after a self defense action. Additionally ACLDN is a 503(c)(3) - Non profit organization. No profit motive, upselling or need to generate a profit for shareholders.

ACLDN takes care of expense as they occur - rather than a reimbursement plan. It is not insurance, per se, but is a "we will help you as the need occurs" agreement – the funds are paid directly to the lawyer, bondsman, expert witness, investigator, or whoever is needed to prove you acted in self-defense. I promote them because I have confidence in the managers, the people who run it, and their advisory council. Check them out on their web site. Down load their pamphlet and read about it.

Additionally their nationally recognized team of self-defense legal experts is available to counsel and advise your lawyer on the best and proven techniques in using an Affirmative Defense. Where you stipulate, "Yes I shot my attacker, and I was justified in doing so." Now the state must try prove that you were not. Many lawyers shy away from Affirmative Defense as that is the same concept used for the "Insanity Plea" and think they should always try to make the state prove you were guilty. Guilty is for folks who break the law, your shooting was "Justified". These cases are not common and represent a very small portion of court cases involving shooting or other life threatening actions.

Currently ACLDN is in a dispute with the Washington State Insurance Commissioner, and they cannot offer new memberships in WA. ACLDN holds they are NOT an insurance company and should not be regulated by the WA insurance commissioner. The do offer memberships in all 49 other states.

Who ever you select, they should pay your needs for you rather than reimburse after you lay out cash.

Are there limits on coverage?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads