JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Harris should work and is about that price.

Magpul is another option. Little more wiggle.

There are a ton of Chinese clones and Chinese models too that work really well, but don't carry the Murica stamp of approval and or brand name. UTG pro makes some really good bipods as an example. They vary in price depending on what you need.

However, I'd say you would be just fine with a Harris unless you need something lightweight.

Harris should work and is about that price.

Magpul is another option. Little more wiggle.

There are a ton of Chinese clones and Chinese models too that work really well, but don't carry the Murica stamp of approval and or brand name. UTG pro makes some really good bipods as an example. They vary in price depending on what you need.

However, I'd say you would be just fine with a Harris unless you need something lightweight.
What do you suggest that is lightweight?

Just checked their website. It's 5oz and you will need an adapter. Total would be about $180-$200

Spartan Precision Javelin Bipod Lite is $145. You will need an adapter mount another $40. However, down the road you buy additional adapters for other rifles and use the same bipod. Bipod is ultralight. Fits it ha magnet so very easy on and off. Perfect for prone and longer legs also available if you prefer kneeling - sitting, thou those are cumbersome in the woods. Love mine.

Spartan Precision Javelin Bipod Lite is $145. You will need an adapter mount another $40. However, down the road you buy additional adapters for other rifles and use the same bipod. Bipod is ultralight. Fits it ha magnet so very easy on and off. Perfect for prone and longer legs also available if you prefer kneeling - sitting, thou those are cumbersome in the woods. Love mine.
I have a stud in the forearm now that would have to be removed and replaced and replaced by the Spartan causing an alteration of the stud hole?

I paid about 50 bucks for a Champion adjustable Bipod # 40855, still available, Not something to go to war with but has provided me good service for several years now. It attaches to all my rifles really quickly using their sling studs.
I never thought about hunting with it, since it attaches to the stud, I assume, that forgoes the use of a sling but never actually thought about it.

"I have a stud in the forearm now that would have to be removed and replaced and replaced by the Spartan causing an alteration of the stud hole?"

Adapter mount fits in the swivel stud hole. No alteration needed. That was my experience with Sako, Tikka and CZ rifles. Swivel stud should be standard. That said there might be are some makes out there where it isn't.

Last Edited:
"I have a stud in the forearm now that would have to be removed and replaced and replaced by the Spartan causing an alteration of the stud hole?"

Adapter mount fits in the swivel stud hole. No alteration needed. That was my experience with Sako, Tikka and CZ rifles. Swivel stud should be standard. That said there might be are some makes out there where it isn't.
great. I will order!

I'm with @Reno toward asking purpose. Because:

"In my experience, a bipod (Harris type) attached to the forearm of a big game rifle is less than useless."

For further elaboration on that axiom, see related thread,

I have a stud in the forearm now that would have to be removed and replaced and replaced by the Spartan causing an alteration of the stud hole?
Their adapter mounts using the studs hole. It ships with various thread screws in industry common swivel stud threads. The adapter has a swivel built in to maintain use with sling.

Only downside to the ultra lightweight one is it is non adjustable.

Mostly hunting in a sitting or prone position calling in Coyotes or cats; likely 100 yard or more shooting range. Thanks for follow up! Ideas?
A good tripod would also be beneficial for this style of hunting. Since the gun isn't horribly heavy, or is it? You don't need a 200-300 tripod. Most camera based tripods should hold the weight of what you're using. I put a 15-20 pound NRL22 rifle on my inexpensive Amazon bipod to practice all the time.

SmallRig 71" Camera Tripod, Foldable Aluminum Tripod & Monopod, 360°Ball Head Detachable, Payload 33lb, Adjustable Height from 16" to 71" for Camera, Phone-3935 https://a.co/d/8WAtvqN

Get a section of ARCA rail mounted to the bottom and you are in business. Or if you are looking at &spartan still get this and your tripod will just mount to the adapter you have mounted to the gun for the bipod.

Collapse 1 leg and you have yourself a long legged bipod.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top