Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Recommendations for big hand pistol grips

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by james2562, May 25, 2012.

1. james2562

james2562 Kent Member

I was at the range trying out my G20 and could not get a good grip on the plastic. Or that is my excuse anyway. I have big sweaty hands. Does anyone else with big hands and a Glock have a pistol grip that they like?

Thanks in advance.

2. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Might try wearing gloves. I wear gloves when I shoot and they improve my grip.

3. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

Well the 20/21s are the biggest Glocks. You could try a slip on grip sleeve, like a Houge, or some of the stick on grip tape cut outs like Decal Grip. Try a Beretta M9/92/96, especially with a set of Houge grips, they are BIG! For Glock though, the 20/21 is it.

4. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

The FNP-45 is a large auto and built like a tank. I had to sell mine because the large grip and frame were to much for me. I have a bit larger than medium hands, and all the glocks fit me fine. Just a thought...

5. james2562

james2562 Kent Member

I have a 92fs and yes it fits my hand well. I don't remember have a much of a grip issue with it. After I load up some more 9mm I will take the two out and compare them. I got the Glock because of all the hype but I am not sure I can live with the plastic feel.

6. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

I have never had an issue with glocks being slippery to me. There is a stick on grip enhancer that might just be the ticket for you.
    DECAL GRIP - HOME PAGE
    A while back I tried them out on a glock 19. They seemed pretty well made and had an agressive texture.

7. mark olindale

mark olindale USA New Member

+1 to the grip enhancer.

Or you could try Hi-Point...they have some very large frame pistols.

8. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

You could also chalk up your hands at the range to keep them dry. Other than that, grip tape or custom texturing will give better purchase on the weapon.

9. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

older ruger p series the steel ones p93 p94 etc my favorite 9mm of all time is the p93dc i cant seem to find one so the hunt goes on,,but you can make any pistol a big hands pistol with a quick switch of the grips

10. mortre

mortre Yelm, WA Active Member

If the Beretta fit's, wear it. Sig's P226 and P220 have a pretty large grip if your looking for something different. I ended up getting Hogue G10's (Slim grips) for my P220 just so I could reach the trigger in DA mode.

I don't have big hands at all, but I was never able to hold onto glocks either.

11. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

Stipple it.

12. del_and_bones

del_and_bones Anchorage, AK Physics Pirate

I've used the hogue grip sleeve but actually prefer the inner tube grip sleeves I custom fabbed for my G20

13. birdhousepdx

birdhousepdx Oregon city Member

I where gloves too. Baseball batting gloves are what i like, made just for grip and they are thin.

14. WarpedWheel

WarpedWheel Newport, OR Member

I really like the Hogue slip on grip sleeves.

15. FortunateSon

FortunateSon Marion County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

+1 on the Ruger P Series.

16. Triplebuckshot

Triplebuckshot Northwest Oregon Member

I have larger than normal hands and I say get a bit of grip tape for the glock or get a new pistol if that doesn't work for you. As said above the P220 is larger side and I love mine.