JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard that the Thermold 20s were good to go, but the 30s were junk. Any experience or input on this? Was going to try some of their 20 rounders, but if you know something I don't, well...............:eek: maybe not LOL
I have found the same thing in regards to the Thermold 20 vs 30 magazines. My PLR-16 works great with 20 round mags but doesn't like the 30's. It functions great with 30 round aluminum magazines though.
BTW, my AR works fine with the 30 round magazines.

I have a bunch of new thermolds 30 round mags from probably 10 years ago and those I've used have never been a problem

thermolds are iffy I had about 7 or 8 during the actual ban all except one worked fine but I did not use them that often because I had plenty of GI mags. Funny How even when there was a actual ban in effect there was no shortage of mags. Preban mags cost $10-20.

The only problem I had with mags was with the USA brand Steel mags both 20 and 30 rd . Even though they were preban mags because of their unreliability I would hang them up from a tree and use them as targets.

Actually, there is one use for known-unreliable mags... paint 'em blue (or other marking you'll recognize as "Training Use Only" and keep 'em in your range bag for malfunction-clearing practice.

I just bought nine, count 'em, nine steel military 30 rounders at $8.99 a crack + shipping from CDNN. This, and the P-Mag that came with the rifle has me set for a while. If Governor S#itstain doesn't ban "full capacity" magazines, I may buy more later.

I have a few magpul mags and I like them, specially the 40 round magpul mags.. but lately I have been into the GI and Lancer mags.

I got a few lancer L5 mags, a mix of aluminium and stainless steel mags (gray, black, fde)made by AR Stoner, D&H, OKAY industries, BCM, C-Products, and one Colt. I really like the GI mags specially with ranger plates.

I have not had any issues with any of my mags, and I believe they are a great investment.

Help this newbie AR owner out with the acronyms, please. Does the term "P-mag" refer to the Magpul brand, or the ProMag brand? I currently have one metal GI magazine and 6 of the Magpul brand mags that I bought at Cabelas for $11.49 each, are those magazines reliable?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top