JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get ahold of a 30-35 gallon drum or air compressor vessel and build your own with a vogelzang kit. I just built one for my wall tent. I have about $75 into for materials and was able to scrounge most of it up. If you had to buy a barrel and everything else you could spend as much as $150 on one though. They are pretty proud of the factory ones they sell at the wall tent outfits so it is a pretty economical option.
C9F7B8C3-2994-4E1C-AF9D-521028357805.jpeg 1922A4E2-F865-4B9D-A377-88B0ADA06C17.jpeg

Depends on the size of the tent. My buddies have used an old rectangular cast iron stove successfully. It's about 30" deep x 15" wide x 15" tall. Has a 12" vented door and takes smallish/longish chunks of wood. Someone has to get up to feed it a coupla times a night. The stove was welded together by my buddy.

There might be some small used wood stoves for sale out there. Less'n yer looking fer new...

A lot depends on what you want it to do and how much it really has to handle.
BTW I have one that is not likely going to get used that I can dig out of the storage shed. I might even be down that way some time soon. Or if you come north I'll give you a good deal. Shoot me a PM if interested...
(Note mine is fairly small and thus easiy to pack in, use and does the basic job it was designed to.)

Get ahold of a 30-35 gallon drum or air compressor vessel and build your own with a vogelzang kit. I just built one for my wall tent. I have about $75 into for materials and was able to scrounge most of it up. If you had to buy a barrel and everything else you could spend as much as $150 on one though. They are pretty proud of the factory ones they sell at the wall tent outfits so it is a pretty economical option.
View attachment 624223View attachment 624224
You built that?!

You built that?!
I did. Mine started as an air compressor tank so I had to cut one convex end off and weld a flat end on. It helps to have some rudimentary fab skills and a welder to add some features but not totally necessary. I have seen some barrel based builds using the vogelzang kit with no flat cooking surface done simply with a jigsaw and a drill and they work fine.

I did. Mine started as an air compressor tank so I had to cut one convex end off and weld a flat end on. It helps to have some rudimentary fab skills and a welder to add some features but not totally necessary. I have seen some barrel based builds using the vogelzang kit with no flat cooking surface done simply with a jigsaw and a drill and they work fine.
Excellent skills!!!
I really want a mig welder. There so expensive.
So are the walls thick enough on a compressor to hold heat?

I don't have experience with them, but this outfit looks pretty cool. They are out of Washington.

Excellent skills!!!
I really want a mig welder. There so expensive.
So are the walls thick enough on a compressor to hold heat?
They are thicker than a barrel and on par with the thicknesses found on the better wall tent stoves. They are around 1/8" or so. It is a bit of a trade off to keep the weight down and therefore maintain portability.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top