JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If price is your concern consider the cost of magazines.

Glock, Beretta, and maybe a few others have cheap mags. If you get a 92 of some sort there are tons of inexpensive choices out there for hi cap mags. I had a bunch when I owned a CX4. Glocks have Korean mags for cheap out there. Some work better than others.

Getting a CZ P09 or a Springfield XDM both hold 19 rounds. However, mags are 40-60 a piece.

Others may be better, however always something worth thinking about.

I would look into the sig 2022. As others have stated, they are a good pistol at their price range. The beretta PX4 is another good choice. For a DAO the sig 250 is hard to beat. I wasn't so sure about the DAO, but after having one I really like it. So I bought a couple of x-change kits for it. For striker fire, well it's hard to beat a glock. Would also look at the xd series.

Look into a used CZ-82, 9mm Makarov. They are typically in the $279 range and ammo is always available. A pleasure to shoot, not bad to carry and some pretty hot ammo is available from Underwood and Buffalo Bore.
I got a CZ-75, used for $350 last week, and it's a perfectly fine pistol, too.

another vote for M&P. have around 1000 rounds through mine and flawless. Mags are getting easier to find now and they have hi hi cap mags made by pro mag now that actually work. I know amazing right.

... plenty of choices from previous postings!

For your budget, Glock 19 can be found and add up for the extra magazine capacity sizes.

For me, it's the SIG P228 with 20 round mags (and likely out of your budget too)
A Browning Hi-Power close in 2nd place. Those can be found in your budget.
Yes, I have both and I can't decide ... carry both, but which one is the 'backup' gun? lol.

The reality, it's your hard earned/budget and you would want something that will work when needed.
How will you carry, IWB, OWB; where and when.
Parts availability and can you get that small parts kit?
Magazines, well I think Glock have it there ...

Ammo - what will you shoot at the range and the carry round; and then stockup on the brand.

So ... Glock 19.

Though I'm still for the P228/Hi Power

... more will chip in for sure ...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads