JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$300 to $400 The Turkish pistols are GREAT. The TriStars (CZ 75 Clone) and the Caniks, look like a Baby Eagle.
Excellent machine work on the steel and alloy frames and the Polymer guns are great as well. Check the Original CZ Forum under CZ Clones.

I too vote for a used Glock if you can find one in your price range. Also as previously mentioned, the LE trade-in S&W M&P9 service pistols seem to be a good deal from Bud's guns. I personally like Glocks because they are simple. There are plenty of other guns that are reliable and great, but they have more parts. Also you can't beat Glock's capacity when it comes to the 9mm. Heck you can get a 50 round drum mag for Glocks now.... not factory but I hear they are pretty good.

WOuldn't a police trade in likely have the barrel shot out?

I'd just like to add, an enthusiast who like to shoot their pistol probably puts more rounds down it in a few years then an officer does their entire career. Think, they only have to quality once or twice a year, and most quals are 100 shots or less. Believe it or not, but most officers will only ever fire their duty weapon for qualification. The stater's may a bit more as they tend to put down more road struck animals then the county guys. Also consider the gun is going to go to an armorer at least once a year as well, it's going to get check for wear and any parts that need to be replaced will be.

Used G17 or 19 is the best choice. As has been said, LE trades are typically very low round count weapons. Mags for these are also plentiful and affordable.

The Ruger SR9 is a fantastic pistol. The only issues are mag price & availability, and that the surface treatment isn't on par with what Glocks, M&Ps, or Walther poly pistols have. It'll hold up well under Average Joe use, but those others hold up well under horrible conditions.

As mentioned The ruger SR9 or SR9c would be an excellent choice. The SR9c being the most versatile, I really like the design. Def worth looking into you could prob get one brand new for less than a used glock.

$300 to $400 The Turkish pistols are GREAT. The TriStars (CZ 75 Clone) and the Caniks, look like a Baby Eagle.
Excellent machine work on the steel and alloy frames and the Polymer guns are great as well. Check the Original CZ Forum under CZ Clones.

This is what I was going to suggest. I picked up a new SAR K2P 2 months ago at $360 OTD, and really like it. 17rd magazine, and takes 19rd Mec-Gars CZ mags. Also check out it's sibling, the B6P.

Also, consider the Arcus pistols, they are basically BHP copies. Classic Firearms has the 98DA (double action) for $299.

Ditto on the Tristar/Canik pistols. Tristars are actually rebranded Canik pistols. I have a Tristar C-100 that's an alloy framed clone of a CZ-75 Compact that's every bit as good as the original. And I've had several CZs so I'm not just blowing smoke. All of them run at least $100 less than CZs. Fit, finish, ergonomics, and reliability are excellent. They're becoming accepted to the point that at least one of the primary CZ customized, Cajun Gun Works, is offering spring kits, custom hammers, etc. My two cents, anyway.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and suggest the Taurus 24/7 G2 I have mine and its my EDC weapon. It's a great double single action firearm and carries 17+1 I picked mine up for 420.00 and would prefer it to a Glock mostly because the angle of the grip makes it unnatural for me to aim and I have to consciously bring the muzzle down. I also think blocks are ugly blocky things. My opinion, YMMV.

Here is my personal choice....

Better ergonomics than the glock (imo), 16 round standard capacity... above shown with a 32+1 high cap mag, Omega trigger is awesome and has a de-cocker..... price? Not sure what they are these days, prob low $500's new. Carries like a compact in a white hat holster

CFD57C0B-F513-4EC8-9557-8207DC79422B-670-000000DE1D3EEBEE_zps583a19d3.jpg

The CZ P07 would be one of my first choices if I were into DA/SA carry guns. They're awesome.

I was looking for a P07 at the beginning of the year. I couldn't find one, and happened upon another gun I wanted, an FNX. The P07 is still on the want list, but since I've got a G17, I'll probably just end up with a G19. I do agree however, they are great guns, and I think would make an awesome carry gun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top