JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am considering buying a 9MM high capacity, reliable and reasonably accurate as a hedge against SHTF ammo shortages... I know, I know, we already have those. Ultimately might train a good friend of mine yo use it in a pinch.

I don't prefer to spend more than $400.

Brutus Out

What do you define as high-capacity? I define it as 20+. Many mistakenly refer to 15/17 round mags as high-cap, when in fact they are standard. 10-round is reduced capacity unless the 10 rounds are due to a small/single stack design.

Should be able to find a used G17 in your budget. I got mine used for $350. Even though it's about as sexy as pregnant Kim Kardashian, it shoots amazing and holds a ton of rounds. You can load it on Sunday and shoot it all week. The plus is that the mags, when upfitted with the +2 floor plate, are nearly flush fit. They are 19+1 of course.

Some folks like the XD in 9mm, with the XDm 9mm having a 20 rd capacity. I'm not crazy about em, but I've only shot a crappy .40 cal one that was poorly maintained. I have no other firsthand with them.

I love my Beretta 92, but they don't have the 20 rd flush fit ability that I'm aware of.

Hi Power's are BA, but expensive and hard to find. Again, no flush fit mag that i'm aware of in 20 rd flavor.

Those are what I've had my hands on, best of luck to ye.

I would recommend the Ruger SR9C. Great trigger, accurate, 17 round capacity and 10 round compact magazine. I saw one today for $439. Mid size carry gun.
Plus the Ruger waranty one of the best in the industry.

What do you define as high-capacity? I define it as 20+. Many mistakenly refer to 15/17 round mags as high-cap, when in fact they are standard. 10-round is reduced capacity unless the 10 rounds are due to a small/single stack design.
you know full well what he means :rolleyes:

A used CZ 75, they pop up between $329 and $400 used, any of the EAA, Zastava or Armalite CZ clones, FEG or FM high power clone, used Glock or M&P.
All feel and handle very differently, you'll really need to try them yourself.

Nothing wrong with a Glock 17 or CZ 75. May be able to find used models for that price range. I've dumped boxes of rounds through mine and haven't had an issue with either.

+1 for a P89 or 95. Quality, durable and reliable.

I'll add another +1. Stepdad has a P95 that is crazy accurate, easy to maintain, etc. Very inexpensive. One thing if you consider buying this: Careful when you reassemble the slide. I can't tell you how many times I've had to use a wire hanger to pull down the magazine release from the butt of the gun because I screwed up.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top