JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd like to cerakote my AR15 lower, looking for recommendations for a good cerakote company. I'm from Central Oregon but willing to use somebody else here in Oregon. Want it done right, I'm pretty picky. Thanks in advance.

BUSTER BEAVER in Wilsonville.
Excellent work.

Speaking of Buster Beaver in willyvilly! I was just there this morning to pick up my AR receivers and forend. I had them do my goodies in Titanium and also apply Microslick to my BCG! Freaking AWESOME!! I also dropped of all of the receiver iddy bits this morning to be done in black.....still waiting on the iddy bits. Go check them out. By the time you leave there you'll feel like you have a few new friends with common interests.

M_20180105_124856.jpg M_20180105_124749.jpg M_20180105_124807.jpg

Last Edited:
@Enkidu556 Do the pictures show it's true color to you?

Hey Gun.
The color in those pictures is true. It's often very hard to tell by looking through internet photos, but I do believe that my posted pics are very, very close to the real deal. however, I did notice that my coating was actually slightly lighter in color and warmer in tone than the actual paint card and sample coated barrel they had on hand....Which I am glad for that.

Quick question for those who went with Buster Beaver -- any idea on what the prices there are these days (w/o calling them myself at some point this coming week)? Pistol? Shotgun? Seems like cerakote prices are quite variable, but you get what you pay for...

Quick question for those who went with Buster Beaver -- any idea on what the prices there are these days (w/o calling them myself at some point this coming week)? Pistol? Shotgun? Seems like cerakote prices are quite variable, but you get what you pay for...

Not sure about pistol or shotty prices, but they are really easy to talk to about anything that y0u may want done. If time is available, I suggest going right in and talk to them about your needs in person. They are very accomodating.
...it is a bit of a drive though for where you are :/
I think that you need to call them.

Last Edited:
Thanks guys. It is a bit of a drive for me to head up there, which is why I was asking. That being said, I can probably visit Beaver and/or Sur-Tac on the same trip, and maybe make it a bit more worthwhile. I'll call first as well. Appreciated...

Thanks guys. It is a bit of a drive for me to head up there, which is why I was asking. That being said, I can probably visit Beaver and/or Sur-Tac on the same trip, and maybe make it a bit more worthwhile. I'll call first as well. Appreciated...

....bring your guns. You may decide to leave them at one or the other ;)

Since this came up I too was wondering about this. Have a few TNW's that I want to have done with something here sooner or later. They come with some version of Parkerizing which scratches if you look at it too hard. At first I was trying to be super careful. Finally just gave up since they get scratched. Figure hell with it I will have them done with something better one of these days. So anyplace up my way anyone has tried? Not really wanting to drive that far south just for this.

Buster Beaver...I've been all thru their operation, I've seen their work, and I'm quite impressed.

The owner bought a gun from me a few years back - we did the transaction there since he's an FFL. He took me on a tour through the whole place, showed me a lot of the work they do. It was pretty impressive.

I won the CERAKOTE job in the last NWF prize drawing. John is out standing to deal with and have since done other transactions with Buster Beaver.

Be prepared to spend some time, John is quite the story teller:) ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top