Recommendations for a good AR gunsmith. I want an upper built.

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by jordanvraptor, May 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu
    Oregon

+P+ for Velsey! No, no! That's wrong! +one for Velsey! A good guy!:)

2. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor
    Oregon City, Oregon

Awwww. Its a baby M-16.

Thanks to @Velzey for putting it together for me. :)

IMG_5992.JPG

3. HB of CJ

HB of CJ
    43N, 123W Kinda

Very cool jordanvraptor and thank you. Is the CAR a SBR or is it a hand brace AR15 pistol? It looks so cool that I am not sure and I forgot your other posts. The shortie demands a good can! Bang bang!

The top rifle looks like what I used to build. Over 220. But back then surplus Colt pencil 1x12 chrome lined 20" barrels were $20 bucks each from Colt if your bought 20 at one time. I like the flat slip rings.

Again very cool and thank you. If you have any questions on how to index those pesky barrels soss the irons shoot down the pipe left to right with the rear aperture dead center let me know. Fun to do! :)

4. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor
    Oregon City, Oregon

Its a pistol on a Palmetto State Arms lower with an SB Tactical brace. I might SBR it but I did that once for a Thompson and not really enthusiastic about doing it again. I will have to see how it shoots first. I kind of did this pistol on a lark just to see what they are like. I have always liked the XM-177 "Commando" look of the early carbines. Here is another pic where I put an A1 pistol grip on it.

Colt 607 pistol 3.jpg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    F2CMaDMaXX, HB of CJ and Velzey like this.
  5. HB of CJ

HB of CJ
    43N, 123W Kinda

Cool. I have no idea where one would find the original skinny small hand CAR M16 grip. Any collectors out here? Now I see the brace strap. Very well done. They made many different flavors and versions of the early tear drop/round assist. Again, any collectors out here? Nodak makes retro lowers.
    www.nodakspud.com

Thank you. :)