JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't have the time, tools or work space to try it myself or I would. My project is nothing fancy. I am building a pistol to replicate a Colt 607 and will just need someone to put the upper together for me. About how much should said assembly cost? Any help is appreciated.

I really like limitless LLC in Washouglel, WA... Really good people. they have a huge selection of parts, and pre built uppers etc. I've done a couple builds with them.

Yeah, Curt's is just down the street from you a little, plus probably has most of the parts you want anyways.
Having said that, I sent a friend there, and he ended up with a pile. The two piece barrel, would not line up properly, ended up getting a new barrel for it. Still have the old one. :mad:

Curious because I do not know. Does the Colt 607 have a taper pin type front gas block/site assembly or does it have a clamp on or pinch bolt on type?

Reason why: If your planned build has taper pins then he will need to either do the entire gun or else you MAY have to send him your bottom end.

Or ... he can use his own bottom end. More reasons: ... If taper pins he needs to print the build off the bench to see where it shoots IF OEM IRONS ARE NEEDED.

If you plan optics then this does not apply. But if you plan on using OEM irons then it does. You builder can explain it all to you. No big deal. Just $$$$ :)

After the barrel is taper pin reamed and built using taper pins, IF OEM IRONS ARE GOING TO BE USED the completed build will have to be benched at a minimum of 100 yards, (300 yards perfect) to see where the exact point of hits are left to right.

Ideally the horrible pesky OEM rear site aperture should line exactly centered. Never happens. Two, (2) to four, (4) clicks off either way is still considered lucky and excellent. If the rear site is way canted off then barrel indexing required. Yikes! :( :(

In my old age, I've lately looked backwards in time to review the three best things that have happened to me.
First, was ditching my heartless first wife so I could marry my second wife.
Second, was having a great daughter, and the last was making friends with Velzey, as I consider him a stand up honest guy who just happens to be a gunsmith.

Yes I sure he is and I am also sure he will test fire the build IF IT USES TAPER PINS and IF OEM IRONS WILL BE EMPLOYED. He will also tell you why. He will also describe in direct detail all the corrective actions that can be employed if the rifle shoot off right to left.

Rear site cant. But his gigs and stuff are probably accurate that such will not be necessary because after he test fires the build it will have perfect OEM iron site alignment. Or close enough as already described. If the provided build barrel already has the front base installed ...

... I am sure he will test fire anyhow to see how your cool build will shoot. He also can tell you all about why. All of this will not be $cheap$. It may take him lots of time. This is the difference between home assemblers vs gunsmiths. He can explain all of that also. Respectfully.

Now a small dog. Yikes! Yip, yip! :) :)

If the FSB isn't perfectly aligned nobody will ever know, cuz I will fix it.
I cannot stand canted front sights.

And that's every correct, Velzey does test fire everything he works on!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top