JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I second the glock 35 recommendation. The glock 22 is nice and does not have the exposed barrel cut out like the 35, but does not meet your 5" barrel requirement.

The M&P pro's are nice as well.

Does it "have" to be a 5" barrel or are you just looking for a full sized service pistol? Although the barrel is only 4.6", my recommendation would be a CZ75/85 in the full sized service pistol catergory.

Since there wasn't a price ceiling, should also mention some other options such as the 4.9" H&K USP Tactical and several 4.9" and 5" Sig Sauer P226 models (check their website).

I compete with a Glock 35. It is difficult to explain why, but the recoil impulse is completely different between my G22 (4.5") and my G35 (5.2"). Everyone complains about the 40 recoil being snappy or difficult in some way. That is true depending on platform, but the Glock 35 has no more recoil than my carry 9's.

Since I've got it festooned for competition, though, I don't carry it or even keep it around for home defense duty. I use my Glock 21, 22, and 19 for that duty.

CZ Tactical Sport has a five inch barrel, steel frame, full length dust shutter. Nice trigger, easy to shoot fast. But for the price, and availability, the Glock is going be tough to beat. Para used to make the P16, they're pretty reasonable. Witness Limited would also fit the bill.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top