JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nikon monarch UCC scope is a good one. I have it on my 270 and it's awesome. I have a Nikon prostaff with BDC reticle on my 308 and its just as good. Clear glass and holds zero. If you can't tell, I really like nikon products!

I'm a big fan of Vortex Scopes - have a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP on order for the last 4 months - those things are hard to find!
but even their lower range (non ffp etc) are great scopes for the money

So far, a lot of good advice on quality optics. The problem is, you have not identified what your intentions are or what the rifle is in the first place. Did you pick up a Remington 700 or a DPMS LR308? A Ruger Gunsite Scout or a pre-64 Model 70 Featherweight? Please do not take my response as snide, but I am sure that no one else here wants to point you in the direction of optics for a bolt gun when you purchased a Saiga. Kip.

If it were my rifle, I would go with a 2-7X optic. The Niteforce that BANE described is a fine choice. As are the Vortex SteveXKR mentioned. I believe the Bushnell higher end models are fine for the price. As far as bang for the buck, it might be hard to beat Redfield right now. Nice rifle, by the way. Kip.

Rings are important. I went with high quality rings and cantilever rail since the scope over hung the receiver quite a bit. On another rifle I tried some Warne <broken link removed> , I was impressed with the quality for the price and their local.

I love my Vortex Viper HS LR 4-16x50 on my LR-308. I just ordered a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44 for the hunting rifle im putting together.
The HS LR has an exposed tall top turret that does 1/2MOA adjustments, the plain HS is a capped turret that does 1/4MOA adjustments. Both have side focus, which is a huge helper for me personally. and both are 30mm tubes. As for rings I use Burris extreme rings. may be overkill, but never an issue

Trijicon 1-4x with the German 4 reticule. I use American Defense removable scope mount. Noveske makes a nice mount as well.

You can use it up close and personal and you can reach out to 500 meters super easy with it.

I love mine.

AR10.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top