JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for recommendations on a carrier that is basic in nature. I don't need molle or any tactical extra stuff. Looking for something comfortable that holds 10x12 curved plates. Something that is durable and well made. Looking to spend $100-$150 for this.

Thanks!

Reno

Check out LA Police Gear, budget prices, but extremely well tested and reviewed products.
Thanks, they have a lot of manufacturers. Found a 511 that might fit the bill, but it might be too small for the plates I have.

You may very well know this, but I didn't until someone told me, you buy the size for your plates, not your body.

I'm 6'3" 200+, but run 10x12 plates and a medium carrier

That is correct, buy a carrier made to fit your plates. Adjustment of the shoulder strap lengths and cummerbund is how one adjusts for the body.

Thanks, they have a lot of manufacturers. Found a 511 that might fit the bill, but it might be too small for the plates I have.
What plates do you have? Some low profile plate carriers will fit soft armor or thin steel plates but won't fit thicker ceramic plates for example.

What plates do you have? Some low profile plate carriers will fit soft armor or thin steel plates but won't fit thicker ceramic plates for example.
Steel plates. Less than 1/2 inch thick.

Reading some reviews on the 511, sounds like a guy shoved a ceramic 10x12x1 in both sides and it fits. So far that is my winner until something else gets recommended.

Thanks everyone, been putting off doing this, appreciate the help!

Looking for recommendations on a carrier that is basic in nature. I don't need molle or any tactical extra stuff. Looking for something comfortable that holds 10x12 curved plates. Something that is durable and well made. Looking to spend $100-$150 for this.

Thanks!

Reno
I picked up a Velocity Tactical LEPC for about $150 on optactical. Wanted to get a Ferro slickster, but everybody was sold out at the time. I'm happy with it.

Edit: i should add that my multicurve duritium 10x12 plates are not quite as snug in the pocket as i'd like. These are pretty thin, like .5-.6 inch. So eventually i plan to try to find something tighter.

Last Edited:
I recently picked up a TREX AC1 and it seems well made but I haven't really ran it long enough to give an educated opinion on it.
285E0C71-7631-4F45-A9CD-B782153E403F.jpeg

Thank you all for the recommendations and links.

I went with the 511 Prime in small. It fits the plates perfectly, likely enough room to allow me to purchase the extra spalling bag for the plates.

It is definitely a KISS carrier and it fits the Bill perfectly.

5.11_Tactical-56546-134-1__03915__05607.1585579212.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads