JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I assumed MRO mini red dot was the term, I'm new to these, iron sites always worked well for me...

You are correct, RMO is what I have on a lever action 41 magnum, works awesome...

RMR is what I put on a Glock using a rear site dove tail mount for testing, now I'm ready to make the cut...

Thank you for the clarification...

I'll say Brimstone just across the bridge in Washington but make sure the screw lengths are right, i had one on my Glock that was hindering the ejector. They did a better job than Jagerwerks did.

Mro is model of Trijicon's red dot optics. It's designed for long guns. You probably meant a pistol red dot, of which there are many acronyms. Brimstone In Camas has cut three of my slides and does great work.

I have a few candidates for MRO's
I'd appreciate local suggestions/Recommendations...

I'm also considering mounting a MRO on a revolver as well...

I appreciate any assistance with this

Thank you
Ive seen mini-red-dot sights (MRDS), thrown around as an acronym.

As others have said MRO is a longun reddot sight, but there is also the Trijicon SRO (Specialized Reflex Optic) which is a pistol dot with a very large window, which can be great for competition, but not ideal for carry as its not as durable to impacts as the RMR (which is kind of the gold standard for pistol dots) or the Holosun 507/508 series ( which are pretty solid dots tonbut they catch alot of grief for being made in China, but in my opinion are the best bang for your buck)

The SRO also has an available steel hood ( sold separately) if you did decide you wanted to carry it, and were worried about it breaking.

Aimpoint Acro, and the Holosun 509T are super rugged and bomb proof ( probably even more so then the RMR) they are fully enclosed and have glass lenses at the front and rear of the optic, they are air tight and gas purged (RMR's and Holosun 507/508s are open reflex which means the emitter is not enclosed and the dot can become obstructed if caked with mud, blood a really hard rain etc....) but are not as popular as the others i listed above because both the Acro and the 509T have proprietary footprint, that require significantly more alteration to mount to your slide, and are not compatible with any other optic, so if you have a slide milled for either, you commiting to only ever using that optic ( or you can always get a spare slide with an RMR or modular set up then switch out the slides when you want to run different optics.

Sorry for the word salad response I'm not good at keeping a thought train on the tracks when typing, so hopefully it makes sense, there is quite a bit of alphabet soup in optics, especially on pistol dots.

One more I forgot is the RMSc (Reflex MINI Sight Compact) which is also sometimes called a Micro-RDS this will be your holosun 407/507k, RMRcc, Jpoint, and Shield RMSC, etc......

These are alot smaller then even the mini reddot sights and are mainly intended to be ran on the micro 9's (Hellcat, shield/plus, glock48,43/X, sig p365, ruger max9 etc......) they can still be ran on larger pistols i but take different footprints and mat be harder for those new to reddots to acquire the dot, its good to have one with a notch in the rear that you can use to guide your eye as you would a rear iron sight, or you go with supressor height sights to aid you in finding your sight picture quickly.

Ive seen mini-red-dot sights (MRDS), thrown around as an acronym.

As others have said MRO is a longun reddot sight, but there is also the Trijicon SRO (Specialized Reflex Optic) which is a pistol dot with a very large window, which can be great for competition, but not ideal for carry as its not as durable to impacts as the RMR (which is kind of the gold standard for pistol dots) or the Holosun 507/508 series ( which are pretty solid dots tonbut they catch alot of grief for being made in China, but in my opinion are the best bang for your buck)

The SRO also has an available steel hood ( sold separately) if you did decide you wanted to carry it, and were worried about it breaking.

Aimpoint Acro, and the Holosun 509T are super rugged and bomb proof ( probably even more so then the RMR) they are fully enclosed and have glass lenses at the front and rear of the optic, they are air tight and gas purged (RMR's and Holosun 507/508s are open reflex which means the emitter is not enclosed and the dot can become obstructed if caked with mud, blood a really hard rain etc....) but are not as popular as the others i listed above because both the Acro and the 509T have proprietary footprint, that require significantly more alteration to mount to your slide, and are not compatible with any other optic, so if you have a slide milled for either, you commiting to only ever using that optic ( or you can always get a spare slide with an RMR or modular set up then switch out the slides when you want to run different optics.

Sorry for the word salad response I'm not good at keeping a thought train on the tracks when typing, so hopefully it makes sense, there is quite a bit of alphabet soup in optics, especially on pistol dots.

One more I forgot is the RMSc (Reflex MINI Sight Compact) which is also sometimes called a Micro-RDS this will be your holosun 407/507k, RMRcc, Jpoint, and Shield RMSC, etc......

These are alot smaller then even the mini reddot sights and are mainly intended to be ran on the micro 9's (Hellcat, shield/plus, glock48,43/X, sig p365, ruger max9 etc......) they can still be ran on larger pistols i but take different footprints and mat be harder for those new to reddots to acquire the dot, its good to have one with a notch in the rear that you can use to guide your eye as you would a rear iron sight, or you go with supressor height sights to aid you in finding your sight picture quickly.
Excellent write up…thank you!

I tried Brimstone,
Called just after seeing these recommendations then called again 11/27/21
No answer, left a message no response...

All I needed to know is if I can drop 2 slides for optic cut and work on a revolver...

Being a long haul truck driver my home time is short, waiting for a business to respond like this is bad business tactics IMO...

I greatly appreciate the recommendation but I'll be looking for another business to give my hard earned money to...

Thanks again

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads