JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yeah i do work at cap chev.

what kind of toyota is she lookin at?

if she wants she can take it to capitol toyota and ask for a courtesy vehicle inspection if they still do those...or call and ask a service advisor if they or what they charge for an inspection. tell'm the situation.

yeah i do work at cap chev.

what kind of toyota is she lookin at?

if she wants she can take it to capitol toyota and ask for a courtesy vehicle inspection if they still do those...or call and ask a service advisor if they or what they charge for an inspection. tell'm the situation.
Got a question for you. Had a '93 Toyota 4x4 pickup. At 250K miles it started knocking (rod bearings). I had a new short block put in it and the head resurfaced. 5K miles later the head gasket blew. Got it fixed (rebuilt head and new gasket) and sold it to my nephew. 10K later the head gasket blew again. What do we do to keep head gaskets in it?

Got a question for you. Had a '93 Toyota 4x4 pickup. At 250K miles it started knocking (rod bearings). I had a new short block put in it and the head resurfaced. 5K miles later the head gasket blew. Got it fixed (rebuilt head and new gasket) and sold it to my nephew. 10K later the head gasket blew again. What do we do to keep head gaskets in it?
Is it a V6?

Having been down that road before on a Datsun, if you didn't make sure the block was square first, you're fighting a lost cause.
Add to that, letting oil get low or running too hot is all it takes to muck it up again.
On the Nissan, there's an unreachable hose behind the intake manifold (makes removing bellhousing bolts on a Bug seem like a piece of cake) that had a split. Total tear down uncovered the problem, but the block was warped.

sounds like the block wasnt flat. did the machine shop who resurfaced the head pressure test it too?? im assuming it was a 22re since you said you had the head resurfaced, rater than "heads."

at 250k if it were me i would have put a long block with some sort of warranty in it but thats beside the point and just my opinion. not sayin you made a mistake or anything so please dont take it that way.

also, a buddy of mine had a 22r that kept blowin head gaskets. we found that the engine always ran hotter than normal operating temp. eventually we found that the heater core was restricted not allowing adequate circulation. we replaced the heater core and he stopped having head gasket issues....eventually, it ended up spinning a rod so we put a used engine in it.:rolleyes:

sounds like the block wasnt flat. did the machine shop who resurfaced the head pressure test it too?? im assuming it was a 22re since you said you had the head resurfaced, rater than "heads."

at 250k if it were me i would have put a long block with some sort of warranty in it but thats beside the point and just my opinion. not sayin you made a mistake or anything so please dont take it that way.

also, a buddy of mine had a 22r that kept blowin head gaskets. we found that the engine always ran hotter than normal operating temp. eventually we found that the heater core was restricted not allowing adequate circulation. we replaced the heater core and he stopped having head gasket issues....eventually, it ended up spinning a rod so we put a used engine in it.:rolleyes:
I thought the 22r goes for at least 1 billion miles?

Yep, 22RE. The short block had a 3K mile or 90 day warranty. And since it didn't blow up before I had the engine replaced (just got noisy) I figured the head should be fine. I had them rebuild the head and resurface it to make sure it was flat. On a small block Chevy that would be standard procedure, but I guess cast iron is different from aluminum. I should know that, having been an outboard mechanic at one point in my life, I guess.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top