JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey do those PIG gloves run big or small? I love my PIG plate carrier. I just ordered some of the Oakley Assault gloves through the SI program, and paid more for them than I would have liked even with the discount.

Hey do those PIG gloves run big or small? I love my PIG plate carrier. I just ordered some of the Oakley Assault gloves through the SI program, and paid more for them than I would have liked even with the discount.

Thats a hard one. short answer is they fit a Slightly small compared to Mechanix Originals. However that is the nature of them. That being said I wear medium Mechanix and also own Medium PIGS. On my next pair of PIGS I will order large, as i do not think it will make them any more bulky on my hands. if you measure in between i would go up.

Not working gloves - i have plenty of those and I can figure out what I like in those.

Recommendations?
I still use military aviation flight gloves. Soft pliable with leather on the hand and fingers. Also can be used with cold weather "overgloves" . I've seen them on Ebay before and just now found them on Amazon.com. They are also fire retardant. I used them in Vietnam as a crew chief and door gunner.

I have the G & F 10600AL CUTShield Cut Resistant, Slash Resistant Gloves in my GHB. I used them for the scenario-based airsoft part of a defensive handgun class I took recently and they were great! I could draw and fire very easily with them on. $15 from Amazon, and I like having my hands protected from sharp things like other people's knife blades if the SHTF...

Last Edited:
Not working gloves - i have plenty of those and I can figure out what I like in those.

I also have general waterproof warm gloves.

Neither of these are particularly well suited for shooting a firearm.

I am talking about the kind you would use in a SHTF situation where you are going armed.

In short - tactical shooting gloves of the sort where you would use them while shooting and or moving around in a "tactical" situation.

Recommendations?[/QUOTE
I used Army issued nomex flight gloves in Vietnam and still do today for shooting and driving. You can find them on Ebay, and Sportsman Guide for sure. They show up in green and black.

So I thought I would throw in... I'd definitely +1 on mechanix gloves in general. I've been a long-time fan of the fastfit gloves. They're comfortable, fairly thin and compliant, and great for the "average" use. They do not stand up well to certain applications like running my chainsaw causes the material of the palms to rapidly pill, not sure why, vibration maybe? For most of the average stuff, digging a hole, grabbing something that's a bit too warm to the touch (like an ammo-can that's been sitting in the sun), or dealing with things that are dirty or sharp they're great. If you want you can usually pick up a pair at walmart for about $15-20, once you find out what size you are, you can order them from u-line in a 3-pair pack for about $12/pair. In general, for hard use they seem to last 3-6 months of near daily wear before they start to get holes. I have a pair in multicam my wife got for me a few years ago that I use strictly for camping/shooting and they're still almost new.

For more serious work, leather work gloves are hard to beat. I have a few sets of "Plainsman" leather work gloves, available from Sams club (and amazon) they're usually $20 for two pair. They're my favorite gloves at the moment, I have two pair that I've been wearing quite frequently for construction, chainsaw, and pretty much everything but automotive stuff (I still wear the mechanix for working on greasy machinery because the gloves are washable) and they've held up fantastically.

As far as gloves go, I really want ones that slip on/slip off. I've never liked the regular mechanix with the velcro cuff... If you get a welding spark burning through the glove or something you want to get that thing off fast and into some cool water. It can also be difficult to get the gloves on when your fingers are cold.

I have a pair of Friskers cut/puncture resistant, made out of goat and a Kevlar lining. Really well made and snug fitting. I have glove layers I can use, a military surplus knit blend for warmth, and nothing beats good leather (deer preferably) work gloves for general use.

For cold weather shooting I have a pair of fleece/neoprene gloves with the trigger finger that folds back and velcros out of the way. Bought them at Cabelas. Pretty warm for their thickness.

Well, their just working gloves, but I keep a pair of leather/poly, Wells/Lamont light weight work gloves in each bag and vehicle. I've used them a long time and they have my confidence! Black palm and grey backs, so not highly visible! :)

I have a pair Vickers gloves that I like. They are on sale for $10 here:

Vickers Mid-Length Combat Gloves, Vickers Mid size Tactical gloves

Looks like they're just trying to get rid of them.

Coyote Browns are $5 now. No size large, but the mediums fit me allrite (normally wear a L in most things). YMMV

Bought a pair of the XL's as well, just to see how they'd fit. A touch loose for my hands. So ill keep the XL as cold weather general purpose gloves, perhaps with a liner (I have synthetic liners I wear under nitrile gloves).

Pretty decent at $10, at $5 it's a super deal.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top