JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello. I have a Bulgarian Arsenal SLR-107 AK that I want to get some work done on, but Im not sure who to take it to. What I want is pretty straight forward. I want to remove about 2 inches of barrel and permanently attach the muzzle devise to bring it to just over 16". These SLR 107s are getting kinda scarce so I want the job done right. Can anyone recommend a good gunsmith in the Grants Pass/Medford area?

You want someone who does threading more than a gunsmith perse it sounds like. Koonce custom I believe is still doing it and in OR. Maybe call Noveske and see if anyone they recommend down that way.

Thanks for the responses guys. I called Noveske but they recommended I send it to Adco. I havnt called Boenings yet, but I called a couple The Shooters Den and Lock Stock and Barrel and they dont work on combloc weapons. I dont need any threading done, since the flashhider threads directly onto the front sight block. I just need the barrel cut, the front sight slid back and new pin holes drilled.

It might be a good idea to send that out of state to someone who specializes in that type of work. That's the kind of thing that's very easy to screw up, even for an otherwise good gunsmith...

Krebs, Arizona Response, Red Jacket, Piece of History Firearms, etc. All seem to either specialize or at least do a good portion of their business on comblock semi's...

So Boening doesnt want to do it. He recommended A and B Traders in Medford. ANyone heard of them? Apparently its a guy with a full shop at his house. I talked to him on the phone and he seemed pretty knowledgeable. ANyone have any experience with him?

So Boening doesnt want to do it. He recommended A and B Traders in Medford. ANyone heard of them? Apparently its a guy with a full shop at his house. I talked to him on the phone and he seemed pretty knowledgeable. ANyone have any experience with him?

I cant remember his name, but I know who your talking about. The guy has been around here for what seems like forever. I've bought guns from him but never had any work done by him. But a referral from Ed sounds good to me. Theres also Kevin Wyatt at Wyatt's Outdoors. He does pretty much nothing but custom work. But he's usually buried too.

Matt ('Turbothis' on the AK boards)...I have Russian T3 reweld that he did, very nice work

Guns NW Home

I just checked out this guys web page and he seems to be just the ticket! Thanks for the tip. If I get the work done I will come back with a full report.

Edit: I just dropped off my rifle. Very friendly, knowledgeable guy. Incredible equipment in a very tidy shop. My hopes are high. I pick it up on monday.

Picked up my rifle this afternoon. I dropped it off saturday. Great turn around. Overall I'm really happy with it. Matt is very knowledgeable and his workshop is well organized and well equipped. I had time to take it out to the woods and run 2 mags through it. I had to drift the front sight over just a tad to get it back to zero. Accuracy is much improved. I shot a 2.5" group @25 yards offhand and taking my time. Not too shabby! I would definitely recommend Matt Yeamans to anyone needing AK work or a kit built.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top