JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey folks,
I'm out visiting family in Missoula. My nephew turns 16 this week and I'd like to take him plinking. What would be a good outdoor spot near the Missoula, MT area?

Thanks!
Use that onXmaps app to find public or private land. Might want to search google Earth to zoom in on the forest and look for open spaces like gravel pits. Then go out and explore. Just look for the good backstop areas that are not in conflict with common sense rules. Happy hunting! Hope to meet up again this year!

Bill.

PS: I have a daughter and son-inlaw in Paradise, but that might be a little too far to drive. Still, several good spots to shoot on public land there.

Also, check with @Catherine1 . I think she has a nice shooting range nearby.

Missoula is literally surrounds by national forests, if you can't find a place to shoot you're not looking.

Sure. But just like Oregon has good "spots" and lots of forest where shooting isn't practical I'm sure Montana is the same. Just looking for recommendations so I'm not wasting time driving up and down forest roads

Sure. But just like Oregon has good "spots" and lots of forest where shooting isn't practical I'm sure Montana is the same. Just looking for recommendations so I'm not wasting time driving up and down forest roads
Ah, a drive down a forest road is never a waist! It's all love for the great outdoors!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top