JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The more I look into this, the more I see some different ways to get the job done, especially swaging primer pockets. I've got several thousand pieces of range pickup 223/556, many after LEO training so can expect to see many different types of brass.
For swaging 223/556 I suggest the Dillon Super Swage (SS) 600, it is by far the fastest and easiest to setup.
I had just returned one to a friend of mine that lets me borrow it when I have 3-4000 LC cases to swage.

For swaging 223/556 I suggest the Dillon Super Swage (SS) 600, it is by far the fastest and easiest to setup.
I had just returned one to a friend of mine that lets me borrow it when I have 3-4000 LC cases to swage.
Ugh! Swaging is a task I would use to punish criminals.
Swaging was what finally drove me to buy a Dillon Super 1050.

RCBS since 1978 and added a freebie Lee turret press for .357Mag and that alone. Nowadays I don't do handgun comps, where I used to shoot 500 - 800 a week, so I don't need the spiffy Dillon that four of us shared....

I reload my Snider by hand, literally - resizing is not necessary, since I only shoot in the one Snider [got two though] - after fire-forming it's a straight case, and the lubed bullets are a push-fit into the case mouth.

In any case, it would be false economy for me to buy a press that takes the super-size die set - 1. I don't need it, and 2. I have other things to spend $450 on.

Last Edited:
I've prepped and loaded many thousands of rifle rounds with one of the cheaper RCBS presses.
The advice to get a Rock Chucker makes sense as it would last you a lifetime and RCBS has a good reputation of supporting any issues with their equipment.

He's from Washington don't let him lie about getting it from the south. Owl snot is a way of life up there he probably lubes his AR with it :p
Correction, I AM from the South, I'm just a temporary transplant up here for the last 36 years.
Spotted Owl taste's like chicken so I've heard, they are small and quite the reclusive birds in the woods.
Snot by its definition is inherently slippery and mix humid southern rain with a lot of it and it is super duper slippery.
I lube my AR's with Liberal Tears….;)

Last Edited:
Is Hornady One Shot a good case lube or should I go straight to the lanolin/Heet combination.?
I'm a recent convert. It works.....and it's cheap and easy to make. Not to mention that I'm doing my part to help save the environment vs. the store bought canned stuff (maybe). NO.....I didn't research the subject of the gas, that the canned stuff uses.

BTW, this is the video that turned me on to it.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....as for a single stage?
IMHO, most any well known brand will do.
In my life, I've used an RCBS Rock Chucker, RCBS Jr and RCBS Partner press. I usually recommend keeping a single stage around long after someone has move to a progressive machine. Yeah......you can/could always find a small job use for it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads