JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use a Sightron SI 3-9 x 40mm Very nice optics, usually found for around $110. Hard to beat.
I've only owned one Mueller and Sightron is a bit clearer and brighter.
Better Imo, than the Simmons, also.
AS far as allowing for 24in+ of drop at 200 yds, you should consider adding a target turret(you can buy them separately) and work out elevation changes for hold over.

I use a 4X scope - <$100. Does fine
You ar really thinking 200 yds with a 22LR.
With my 10-22 sighted in at 50 yards - I drop about 20 - 24 inches inches at 150yards and I would guess closer to 36 inches at 200 yds. Granted a 10-22 is not your long range rifle. But just looking at the ballistic charts for 22lR ammunition - you are lobing them in.
I always figured a 22LR was more pratical for 100 yds and less - particularly if hunting

200 yard matches with the .22lr are becoming popular. Shooting the .22 long rifle at that range involves many of the same skills as shooting a centerfire to 1000 yards and is much cheaper. I would love to shoot a hundred rounds a day from my Grendel but at a buck a round or more it's not going to happen. Using a .22 can keep your skills homed and cost 10+ times less.

Get a cheap 3-9x40. It's a .22, not a 45-70. Recoil is not an issue for the optic. Have one on my 10/22. Got it at Wal-Mart. Hit's golf balls at a 100 yards all day.

I think finding a good quality ammo, that you zero the scope for would be more important for competition.

I use a 4X scope - <$100. Does fine
You ar really thinking 200 yds with a 22LR.
With my 10-22 sighted in at 50 yards - I drop about 20 - 24 inches inches at 150yards and I would guess closer to 36 inches at 200 yds. Granted a 10-22 is not your long range rifle. But just looking at the ballistic charts for 22lR ammunition - you are lobing them in.

Lobing them or not, there is a monthly competition which we want to join.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top