JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like a shoulder holster for my Glock 20 and am at a loss as to what to order. I have two issues. One, I would like it to ride fairly low, so it's accessible by pulling up on a sweatshirt. Two, I'm what you'd call a "large fellow", six foot and about 275 lbs.. So it needs to be big enough to fit comfortably. I guess I have three issues as I'd like to keep it under $150, which doesn't seem to be too big a deal as I've seen a lot of options in that price range. Also, do most of these shoulder rigs have the ability to swap the holster portion out so you can use it for more than one gun?

I would like a shoulder holster for my Glock 20 and am at a loss as to what to order. I have two issues. One, I would like it to ride fairly low, so it's accessible by pulling up on a sweatshirt. Two, I'm what you'd call a "large fellow", six foot and about 275 lbs.. So it needs to be big enough to fit comfortably. I guess I have three issues as I'd like to keep it under $150, which doesn't seem to be too big a deal as I've seen a lot of options in that price range. Also, do most of these shoulder rigs have the ability to swap the holster portion out so you can use it for more than one gun?

Galco makes good stuff. I have an old Jack *** and it has a lot of adjustment room. However, I'm not sure it would be enough at 275#. You may want to consider a couple of things I have found about shoulder holsters in general. They don't conceal as well as you are led to believe on TV or the movies. They aren't as comfortable as you may think over extended periods. As you gain "girth", the gun tends to position itself so far back on your side that reaching it with your drawing hand is neither easy nor quick. If you already know all this stuff, I do think Galco makes "among" the best available.

As far as the conceal ability goes, it won't be my primary carry mode, I'm just trying to round out my options. I have a tanker style holster for my 629 that was made by a local saddle maker and it's really comfortable and if not for the angle of the holster, would be great for concealed carry. My size versus the harness size on the commonly available models is my main concern. Where the gun ends up positioned, as quiet man pointed out is my concern as my size impedes how far I can reach, I'm not obese but I am a big guy. There is a custom holster maker who advertises on the board and lives in the same city as I do but having something custom made is going to run a lot more than buying from the big manufacturers and I'm just wondering if I'd be better off having something custom fit.

I was already looking at the Galco stuff and will check out the stuff from high noon, maybe I'll just make some calls and get some chest size measurements.

Thanks

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads