JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all-
I'm going to be in the market for a full-auto rifle (I'm looking at a few!) at the beginning of next year, however I'm having trouble finding anywhere in the Hillsboro Oregon area that carries FA!

I have seen sub-guns and a few other online classifieds, however I don't really see anything from those listings from Oregon.

Alternatively, if there was a local-specific classifieds ad that listed FA stuff, that would be great too.

+1 for JC Weaponry. I've bought a couple of cans thru him. Nice guy and good service.

I've also dealt with:
Dick Thoma - D&D Sports
Specialties: Class 3
Lebanon, OR
Phone: (541) 258-6811

Dick does stock some FA guns. You'd need to call him to see what he has in stock. His prices have been pretty reasonable. He is also standup guy. I would trust him with my money. He usually has a table at the ARPC shows in Albany.

I bought my M11-nine and MAC10/45 on gun broker, but both sellers were in state, which is one of the reasons I bid on the guns in the first place.

There are a few online dealers that I'd consider. http://www.nfasales.com/nfawp/weapons is one of them.

In my experience, there really aren't many class III dealers that stock more than a few FA toys in Oregon. It's a LOT of money to be tied up in a very specialized firearm. Just not that many potential customers.

What are you looking to get?

Does JC Have stuff in stock? I'll check out D&D1 Seems like it would be a good car ride.

Did you search anything in particular to find in-state items? A local form 4 would obviously be preferential.

I'm currently looking to find a F-A rifle in a common center fire cartridge, likely in the ~10k range. I've currently identified the Ruger AC-556 and the FN FNCs that seem to be just about perfect, though I'm open to other thoughts :)

Does JC Have stuff in stock? I'll check out D&D1 Seems like it would be a good car ride.

Did you search anything in particular to find in-state items? A local form 4 would obviously be preferential.

I'm currently looking to find a F-A rifle in a common center fire cartridge, likely in the ~10k range. I've currently identified the Ruger AC-556 and the FN FNCs that seem to be just about perfect, though I'm open to other thoughts :)

Figure out what you are going to do with it be just to have or do you want to shoot it. Then if you are buying to shoot realize rifle rounds are high pressure and will break parts with a lot of shooting. Buy what you can get parts for and not have to have them made. Plus you may pay a bit higher for a more collectable gun but they tend to run better and when you want to resale you get more out of them.

Figure out what you are going to do with it be just to have or do you want to shoot it. Then if you are buying to shoot realize rifle rounds are high pressure and will break parts with a lot of shooting. Buy what you can get parts for and not have to have them made. Plus you may pay a bit higher for a more collectable gun but they tend to run better and when you want to resale you get more out of them.

Thats why I'm really liking the AC-556, it shares just about every part with the Mini-14, and all of the wear parts are easily available.

The FNC has the same advantages (the semi-auto version and the FA version share the parts likely to break). As far as collectable, it seems like all of them seem to go up pretty steadily at the same rates. I'm mostly looking to just have fun having/shooting, so resale is only a minor interest, but everything seems to hold value anyway.

I've also dealt with:
Dick Thoma - D&D Sports
Specialties: Class 3
Lebanon, OR
Phone: (541) 258-6811

Dick does stock some FA guns. You'd need to call him to see what he has in stock. His prices have been pretty reasonable. He is also standup guy. I would trust him with my money. He usually has a table at the ARPC shows in Albany.

Dick Thoma is for sure the guy. I first met Dick when a group of us used to go to Albany for the MG shoots back in the 90's. Great all around guy that knows his chit.

Only person selling transferable is Dick Thoma....
Otherwise....gotta work gun broker.

Or come to the SAR show and be prepared with cash as that is where all of the big dealers are.

Do your transfer at JC and bring his FFL.

SAR show is in Phoenix. ..first weekend in December.

Worth the trip.

Dick Thoma and his partner are the only guys I trust. His prices are great and he has been in the business for decades. Stuff comes in all the time as he has a great business.

I just lucked into finding something I was interested in buying from an Oregon seller.
I think JC has some stuff in stock, you'd have to contact him to find out what he has.

Class III dealer doesn't necessarily mean they have Transferable full auto firearms in stock for sale. Usually it means they have suppressors for sale.

Exactly! I know of most of the class-3s in the area, just was looking for one with a good collection of transferable firearms. I've been in Keiths (for example), and don't think they had ANY FA stuff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top