JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Evening all!

I'm sitting here with a drink in hand thinking I'm in need of a new pistol for a bedside gun. Right now, I keep a shotgun for those bump in the night moments, but I would like an excuse to purchase another pistol. Here are my criteria:

-Sub $1000
-Rail for adding didicated weapon light
-9mm or 45 auto

Additional features I would find beneficial...
-Night sights
-Threaded barrel for party can
-No manual safety

My thoughts so far are offerings from CZ, or a 1911 of some sort. I have a one glock now and would like branch out towards other offerings. Before anyone throws out carbines and AR's, I'm not opposed to using them for home defense, I'm just looking for a pistol. Any suggestions are welcome!

Evening all!

I'm sitting here with a drink in hand thinking I'm in need of a new pistol for a bedside gun. Right now, I keep a shotgun for those bump in the night moments, but I would like an excuse to purchase another pistol. Here are my criteria:

-Sub $1000
-Rail for adding didicated weapon light
-9mm or 45 auto

Additional features I would find beneficial...
-Night sights
-Threaded barrel for party can
-No manual safety

My thoughts so far are offerings from CZ, or a 1911 of some sort. I have a one glock now and would like branch out towards other offerings. Before anyone throws out carbines and AR's, I'm not opposed to using them for home defense, I'm just looking for a pistol. Any suggestions are welcome!

o_O

Well, I can't recommend a 1911 because I don't have any and dont know much about them. but if you have a pull/desire to get one then I'd say lean that direction. If you get a cz you'll be happy with it but that "need" for a 1911 will still be there so unless you want to buy 2 guns go with a 1911 then.

Well, I can't recommend a 1911 because I don't have any and dont know much about them. but if you have a pull/desire to get one then I'd say lean that direction. If you get a cz you'll be happy with it but that "need" for a 1911 will still be there so unless you want to buy 2 guns go with a 1911 then.
I appreciate the suggestion. The P01 is really a sexy gun.

Lots of good options. I would highly recommend the M&P 2.0 line. The M&P45 2.0 is 10+1 45 ACP that won't break the bank. You could add a really good light and still come in under $1000.

DC47C80F-9CDD-496C-B452-0059FD5809FB.jpeg

The P320 full size with an X-Carry frame is a good option. Its a big gun, but lots of firepower in any caliber you want.

51BDC2E7-FAAF-4855-AA56-A31D228C60FB.jpeg

I would skip the night sights.

Other than finding the pistol on the night stand in the dark...once you turn on a light, be it weapon mounted or hand held, the glow tubes get bleached out and you have regular sights.

Either stick with standard sights, or go with a fiber optic front. Then, when you turn on the wml or hand held, it glows.

I would skip the night sights.

Other than finding the pistol on the night stand in the dark...once you turn on a light, be it weapon mounted or hand held, the glow tubes get bleached out and you have regular sights.

Either stick with standard sights, or go with a fiber optic front. Then, when you turn on the wml or hand held, it glows.
That's actually a rather good point.

It comes from years of actual experience, not theory.

The way I look at companies that make night sights...market them in such a way so people think they can't live without them...then go in for the monetary kill.

Could always entertain an M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm 3.6" barrel, 15+1 capacity. They can be had for less than 400.00, then add the light, laser or light/laser of your liking. Add in Federal 147gr HST's or Speer 147 gr Gold Dots, you got yourself a respectable bedside gun...
F9C7782E-1032-4C2E-884F-CB8C85E072B7.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads