JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to mount a Bushnell TRS25 on my under-construction AR, and need some opinion...

First, I need to ask for a math-check. My BUIS measured 1.5" from rail to reticle-center, the red-dot 0.75 which says I need a 3/4" riser. Am I understanding this right, or is this another case of why Stats and Calculus each took three tries to beat through my math-challenged skull?

Second, assuming the math *is* right I've been looking at three possible options (all I've found so far).
First option: TRUGLO® | Riser Mount Picatinny 3/4" - 2 Pieces and list the second from the pack in Buy-Sell-Trade. Odd brand name, my first thought looking at the company is "airsoft/Mall Ninja" and rather pricier than I'd like.

Second: Leapers UTG Pro. Leapers, Inc. - Hunting/Shooting, Sporting Goods and Security Gear They started as "cheap Chinese airsoft/MN import," but with them moving manufacturing Stateside most of the Pro line reviews I've seen seem to indicate a trend of improvement.

Third: BM0307_Lion Gears Lowest cost, but a "never heard of 'em" brand. Only place I've seen 'em for sale is mixed-reviews Cheaper Than Dirt.

Would appreciate any suggestions between these three or alternates I haven't seen yet. Thanks! :)

So you are going for an "absolute" co-witness with your red-dot and BUIS? Personally, I would suggest you go with a lower 1/3 co-witness because if your red-dot does fail and you need to go straight to the BUIS w/o removing the RDS you'll get just a wee bit more useable FOV through the glass.

Maybe consider a .83" riser, thusly:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003...0_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YYDD77PD8TA3W9BVASSD

Considered 1/3 at first too and haven't ruled it out either... thought if I went Abs with BUIS permanently deployed it would reinforce the "this is what you're supposed to see" sight picture. (I have no semiauto rifle experience unless you count a friend's TSMGs, and other than sight-in I want to learn rifle handling "the right way" before the whiz-bang gadgetry goes on. :) )

Not ruling anything out at this point... one thing I wish somebody local did, and I'd do if I had a shop, would be to have mockups at Absolute and Lower 1/3 so people could find the best fit before buying. OTOH, $15-20 for a riser doesn't put me out THAT much... :)

Don't get too hung up on everything because quite frankly, shooting a rifle even half decently isn't like getting a degree in "rocket science".

When I was a Drill Sergeant the biggest obstacle to new troops who struggled with Basic Rifle Marksmanship (BRM) was that THEY made it more difficult on themselves than need be. Usually it was getting "vapor-locked" on one thing or another instead of just "melding" with the weapon, aligning the sights, slowly exhale, then squeeze the trigger at the bottom of that exhale.

;)

'Nother question... better to go with an "I-beam" (rail top, claw bottom with one vertical connecting member) or "square" (rail top, claw bottom, connector on each side"? Square tubes might be stronger, but I-beams seem like they'd be lighter.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top