JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Putting in my 2 cents 20190319_090330.jpg

I know a forum member here who is selling a sweet Ruger 1911 that is very well cared for and a nice shooter. Might wanna hit @Dyjital up. We could even potentially set up a range visit with his 1911 and my RIA 1911 for comparison.

Maybe not the most popular or expensive, but I bought an ATI firepower Xtreme and have thousands of rounds through it, with only one hiccup: the feed ramp needed polishing to feed hollow points well. I love it.

From Caspian framed custom builds to ria 400 dollar basic guns, I have to say the best 1911 is the one you have at hand when you need it.
the one I am most nostalgic about is the one I was issued in the army. Loose and rattling, it sent ammo downrange without a worry.
it seems the looser they are the better they function.

John Browning will always be my hero, right up there with Jesus and John Wayne

Up until December 2018, I would have recommended the Remington R1 enhanced. Its worked flawlessly for thousands of rounds. Then last November I decided to put a Leupold Delta pro reflex on it. Seemingly, it was designed not to have any other sight applied to it. Requiring a machinist, and custom made mount,.:( While the end product is now a fun, more accurate, and wondrous thing to shoot, (for me).
Regardless of Its fine fit, feel, function, and low cost , it is to be avoided.
I highly recommend sticking close to standard 1911specs for the largest choice of aftermarket accessories.
I had not intended to modify it but eyes get old you know and reflex has fixed a lot for me. If you end up enjoying the gun you select, it will be difficult not to upgrade it.

Up until December 2018, I would have recommended the Remington R1 enhanced. Its worked flawlessly for thousands of rounds. Then last November I decided to put a Leupold Delta pro reflex on it. Seemingly, it was designed not to have any other sight applied to it. Requiring a machinist, and custom made mount,.:( While the end product is now a fun, more accurate, and wondrous thing to shoot, (for me).
Regardless of Its fine fit, feel, function, and low cost , it is to be avoided.
I highly recommend sticking close to standard 1911specs for the largest choice of aftermarket accessories.
I had not intended to modify it but eyes get old you know and reflex has fixed a lot for me. If you end up enjoying the gun you select, it will be difficult not to upgrade it.
I don't understand this post.
Was adding the Leupold Delta a fail ?

Remington R1 Enhanced. It is quite a nice shooting gun.

I carried a Kimber TLE at work for many years. Flawless handgun. Staked my life on it every day. Since I retired I now carry a Remington R1 Carry which has been a very reliable and accurate weapon. Only modification I have made is altering the trigger assembly to a 70 style. After graduating from two Colt armorer schools in my life, between my pistol and my mouse gun they have exactly zero Colt pieces in them.

I don't understand this post.
Was adding the Leupold Delta a fail ?

No the slide on the R1 was not dovetailed to fit the optional sight the OP wanted to add. So some work had to be done to make it able to accept the after market.
Back a few decades or more the 1911 basically came 2 ways. "Standard" and "Gold Cup". As other makers started to jump on the making many were making a pretty standard version and many would pay to have a Smith do them what they wanted. It was NOT cheap. Makers started offering many offerings that had all kinds of what used to be "extras" already on them at pennies on the dollar to what it cost to have it done. The one draw back is not all the manufacturers do all the specs the exact same way. So now when you buy one all the great after market stuff may not just be a simple install. If you even think you may want to add something like an optic later best to make sure the version you buy will work with it without a Smith. Just after Trump won and the market tanked these R-1's were selling at prices cheaper than I paid for my Springfield Loaded 15 or so years ago. It was damn tempting to buy one even though I had no use for another 1911.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top