JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recomendations for very small pistol safe The wife is getting ready to carry a pistol again and she will need to have a way to lock up her pistol when she is in work. Her car is a 2005 ford focus so very little reastate for a safe. So any one got a recommendation. The pistol will be Bersa Thunder or smaller size. So a very small safe would do.

a little on the expensive side but the more you spend on a safe the more security you get. (Or... $30 lock box gets you $30 worth of security)

<broken link removed>

There are too many to count available, I personally would opt for something biometric. In the case of an emergency, it greatly reduces the amount of time required to get access to your weapon. It also is more secure than a pad-locked box or combination lock.

They are a bit pricey, but I assume this is something that you will have for a long time. I wouldn't take my chances :)

There are too many to count available, I personally would opt for something biometric. In the case of an emergency, it greatly reduces the amount of time required to get access to your weapon. It also is more secure than a pad-locked box or combination lock.

They are a bit pricey, but I assume this is something that you will have for a long time. I wouldn't take my chances :)

The OP is looking for one to use in a car, do you know of any biometric safes that also are secured with a security cable? ...or some other way to secure the safe to the vehicle?

The OP is looking for one to use in a car, do you know of any biometric safes that also are secured with a security cable? ...or some other way to secure the safe to the vehicle?

Hmm.. Not sure if I have seen a biometric gun safe with a cable, specifically built for use in a vehicle. I have seen some pretty low-profile ones though, which I am sure would fit under a seat or something.

I don't know about the tethered cable :(

I'm just waiting for my CCW so I can legally carry concealed in my vehicle.

Unless you have children, I just dont see much point in using a vehicle safe if it isnt somehow secured to the vehicle. Just lock the doors.

Recomendations for very small pistol safe The wife is getting ready to carry a pistol again and she will need to have a way to lock up her pistol when she is in work. Her car is a 2005 ford focus so very little reastate for a safe. So any one got a recommendation. The pistol will be Bersa Thunder or smaller size. So a very small safe would do.
Hornady 2600 Clamshell design, loop the cable around the seat frame. It uses RFID tech so it pops open when done correctly and doesn't require a key or fingerprint. Really easy to use.

Unless you have children, I just dont see much point in using a vehicle safe if it isnt somehow secured to the vehicle. Just lock the doors.

I have to agree with this. If you can simply smash and grab the safe/lock box then you didn't really accomplish much. I went the console safe route using Lock'Er Down, though they do not appear to make a model for the Ford Focus. Try to get something that at least locks to your vehicle, and out of sight.

Here is a link to my review and some of my rationale for using a keyed lock.

Lock'Er Down Console safe install.

just stumbled upon this today. A vehicle lock box with a security cable they have biometric options. ( For those that dont own a welder ;) )

VAULTEK™ SHOP – VAULTEK SAFE
Most of this size come with a cable that has one end inside the box and a loop outside to 'anchor' it. Biometric is great but when you are in a stress situation it can make it hard to access. In a car I suggest an RFID one. You can work it without looking at it. Just saying'. I have both types. Next one will be RFID again

Sportsmans Warehouse sale this Fathers Day weekend has Hornady 2700 RFID safes on sale for $99 (normally about $175!!). Once you use an RFID safe you will never buy another biometric safe.

why is this? what are the advantages?
Biometric requires you to place a finger or fingers in the slots in a precise position. Imagine that you are driving and the safe is under your seat. In an emergency how do you get your hand down and turned 180 degrees and place it correctly into the slots to open the door. What if you don't do it correctly? What if the car is still moving or in gear? Too many things to go wrong with them in that instance.
RFID is much like passing your card to pay at ARCO. I have a Hornady 2600 (clamshell opening) in my car. I have a chip at my console that I reach down, push a button that is 2x3", hold the chip above the button and it pops wide open. The button is big enough to hit and the chip anywhere close opens the safe. It truly is a much better operation between the style of safes.
I have had a mechanical safe in one car, a biometric bolted onto my dresser, and now the RFID safe cabled to the seat frame in my Explorer. I much prefer door #3 for me from now on.

So thats my 2 cents on the safe thing, but i do have one more. Was in the beer business for a long time and when someone would ask me what size keg cooler to buy I always said to buy the largest one that fits as you can make a large one smaller but you'll never be able to make a small one bigger.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top