JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_0578 copy.jpg

WOW beautiful works of art and functional at that wheww big boomers. I have always heard of these and seen them on the web but never thought I would ever see one in person let alone hold one and get to shoot one. WOW what a day.

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did -- Though I learned CFEBLK does not like short barrels.

So the second two shots from the .460 mag rifle - they were 300-400 fps faster than the first two shots. Different ammo?

I would love to have a BHA model 90 as I have a 460V - but I have already a Marlin in .45-70 and the cost of the BHA just doesn't fit into my budget now that I am retired. Maybe someday.

Curious what drives your preference to the 460?
Not my comment, but very likely the capability to shoot 454 Casull or 45 Colt ammo instead. The 460 is probably the flattest shooting revolver cartridge, too.

Me? I had to go "full stupid" and bought the 500 with a 5" barrel.
What a hoot that was. Eventually traded if off, but sure had a lot of fun with it first.

Curious what drives your preference to the 460?
Not my comment, but very likely the capability to shoot 454 Casull or 45 Colt ammo instead. The 460 is probably the flattest shooting revolver cartridge, too.

Me? I had to go "full stupid" and bought the 500 with a 5" barrel.
What a hoot that was. Eventually traded if off, but sure had a lot of fun with it first.

Exactly that.

That and I am going to have my 460V modified to take .45 ACP - if I decide to keep it.

I don't find the recoil of the 460V objectionable at all - my 329 in .44 mag is a LOT more recoil. The 460V weighs twice as much as the 329 and has a compensator too. The difference is like night and day - no one likes to shoot my 329 - even with .44 special subsonic loads (800-900 fps), but especially not with the heavy bullet magnum bear loads. But carrying the 329 is much nicer than carrying the 460V and .460 mag ammo is expensive - $2-4 per round.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top