JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife forces herself to watch about once a week to see how the dementia is progressing.

This works well because she gives me the condensed version.

I cannot stand those talking head lying comrades and find it impossible to watch them without yelling at the TV, so I don't.
I'll peruse the stuff from time to time in order to keep up. Maybe five minutes at a time. Local OTA news is marginally better. "Today a well-known racist clubbed a baby seal on the State Senate steps..."

We got rid of cable all together and just have streaming services. I have no social media also, besides this and rokslide if that qualifies. So i may be less in the know about the news but i seem to get along just fine with other people letting me know the important stuff and i much prefer life this way lol

I finally looked that up.... interesting.... I don't think I could partake of a third forum tho. (I'm here and on texasguntalk.com... those guys are a hardened/loud/proud bunch.) ;)
If you hunt and/or are a gear nut, rokslide is great to at least look at for research even if you arent a member, cause its supposed to be for mainly gear reviews and stuff. Especially if you backpack or handload ammo, lots of experienced people on there. I looked at threads for years before joining lol

If you hunt and/or are a gear nut, rokslide is great to at least look at for research even if you arent a member, cause its supposed to be for mainly gear reviews and stuff. Especially if you backpack or handload ammo, lots of experienced people on there. I looked at threads for years before joining lol
That part of my life is pretty much in the past. I do still handload 9mm for IDPA, but I've got the info that I need, and every time I try to share what I know, there is always somebody that knows more. So I just hang out here and cause trouble. :s0045:

That is a "Dateline" type production gone full blown soap opera.... sick. I couldn't stomach finishing reading it. :(
Yeah, I getcha. Understand how you might not have liked it. It was just the first article that came up when I was looking for a link to explain that Mark Stover was the original (and real) dog whisperer. Here's a much shorter and less dramatic news article you might like better. The main point I wanted to get across was that Cesar Milan was a phony who tried to capitalize on another guy's reputation by stealing his nickname and producing a TV show. Unfortunately, if you just search on "dog whisperer" the vast majority of references returned will be about CM. Unless you include Stover's name in the search, you are unlikely to learn anything about him.

This article provides another view of CM.

This article provides another view of CM.
I have long been aware that CM's methods have been called into question. And I've never personally used them. My dogs do what I want in order to please me, or because I've gotten them to want to out of fun. Like teaching a dog to come by running away from them, engaging their chase instinct and excitement/fun. But a friends' dog gets out and won't come back to the house unless he gets a swat.

For any theory on any subject, there is always quite a number of competing theories. Esp from today's YouTub "stars". I've watched that tall Brit gal on YT that trains dogs with treats... seems to work for her. Mostly I think it's just being smart in how you go about training, and having consistent effort. People don't/won't take the time and want somebody else to train their poochies.

But I don't think a naturally aggressive dog can be "trained" to not be aggressive. Instead, they must be accepted for what they are, and either kept under control or euthanized. That said, sometimes abused or abandoned dogs just need a loving home to no longer display aggression... I don't call those aggressive dogs because they change when their circumstances change.

That's MY theory, and I'm stickin to it.

We bought a Havanese pup from a backyard breeder.... that dog was a fear biter and bit everybody. Including aggressive displays towards myself and my wife. Her eyes would go red like a pig. After a year of training, she would not stop attacking family/friends/strangers/salesmen/babycarriage/peopleonthestreet/etc. It broke my heart to turn her into the pound after she bit my grand-daughter, but the liability was too much. Fortunately the dog was rescued and much later adopted by a lil ol lady that lived alone and had no friends or family... I hope it turned out ok.

Last Edited:
I have long been aware that CM's methods have been called into question. And I've never personally used them. My dogs do what I want in order to please me, or because I've gotten them to want to out of fun. Like teaching a dog to come by running away from then, engaging their chase instinct and excitement/fun. But a friends' dog gets out and won't come back to the house unless he gets a swat.

For any theory on any subject, there is always quite a number of competing theories. Esp from today's YouTub "stars". I've watched that tall Brit gal on YT that trains dogs with treats... seems to work for her. Mostly I think it's just being smart in how you go about training, and having consistent effort. People don't/won't take the time and want somebody else to train their poochies.

But I don't think a naturally aggressive dog can be "trained" to not be aggressive. Instead, they must be accepted for what they are, and either kept under control or euthanized. That said, sometimes abused or abandoned dogs just need a loving home to no longer display aggression... I don't call those aggressive dogs because they change when their circumstances change.

That's MY theory, and I'm stickin to it.

We bought a Havanese pup from a backyard breeder.... that dog was a fear biter and bit everybody. Including aggressive displays towards myself and my wife. Her eyes would go red like a pig. After a year of training, she would not stop attacking family/friends/strangers/salesmen/babycarriage/peopleonthestreet/etc. It broke my heart to turn her into the pound after she bit my grand-daughter, but the liability was too much. Fortunately the dog was rescued and much later adopted by a lil ol lady that lived alone and had no friends or family... I hope it turned out ok.
Man everytime ive tried making his stupid little "ssssst" noise at home to my dog, she immediately just goes for the cat tries to "herd" him away from whatever he's doing haha

After being bitten this past summer by a Springer Spaniel, wagging it tail (presumed to be 'friendly') in the company of its owner. I would NEVER trust any dog, too many incidents over the decades! They are descended from wolves and do resort to predatory behavior and/or what they were bred for!

After being bitten this past summer by a Springer Spaniel, wagging it tail (presumed to be 'friendly') in the company of its owner. I would NEVER trust any dog, too many incidents over the decades! They are descended from wolves and do resort to predatory behavior and/or what they were bred for!
yes BUT IF I am to be eaten, let it be by friends!

Try some clicker training. Colt makes a good one.

Lorl
Wife and I went out to dinner last night. Place was a nice walk from home. To get to the place we had to pass a "homeless" scum with HUGE Pit begging. Section of walk where there is no where to go. The guy almost had to lay down with the dog, him holding it around the neck for us to pass. Wife did not hear me when I said to him, "dog bits, it dies". While later when we were coming back he was still there and Wife marveled at how he took the dog FAR away from where we had to go past his little set up. I just smiled and did not say anything but I have to guess the guy thought I meant what I said. ;)

Wife and I went out to dinner last night. Place was a nice walk from home. To get to the place we had to pass a "homeless" scum with HUGE Pit begging. Section of walk where there is no where to go. The guy almost had to lay down with the dog, him holding it around the neck for us to pass. Wife did not hear me when I said to him, "dog bits, it dies". While later when we were coming back he was still there and Wife marveled at how he took the dog FAR away from where we had to go past his little set up. I just smiled and did not say anything but I have to guess the guy thought I meant what I said. ;)
Can you blame the dog tho, unstable unsafe home, unstable unsafe drug addict owner, any dog would be unsafe and neurotic.
People po po Cesar but he understands dogs and finds ways to reach troubled animals. There is no one way to train or teach or sound that reaches all dogs but he provides a foundation to build knowledge for dog dumb people who want to learn. If your dog has problems you have to be willing to put them in a controled situation where they have the opportunity to fail, often over and over so the behavior can be changed over time. The decimal point percentage of dogs that are born with a neurological issue that act out need to just be euthanized, but to many people blame the dog and think a trainer fixes a dog when its the owners that have created the problem and its the owners who need to change. People have a hard time training behahoir beacause most times they are doing things to create ond or reinforce the behavoir they are trying to negate.

Behavior training and trick training are 2 completly different things especially if the negative behaviour has ben long term fostered by a dumb owner

Can you blame the dog tho, unstable unsafe home, unstable unsafe drug addict owner, any dog would be unsafe and neurotic.
In the case of the dog last night? No, I would not have blamed the dog but I would have put a round in it. Damn thing had a head the size of a basketball. Sadly its not against any law for the scum like him to have a dog. No doubt he goes through several of them. Something happens to one he just gets another. :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top