JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So a forum friend send me a link to a Reck Model R18 in .30 Carbine. Interesting as I still have a bunch of said fodder left over from experimentation with a AO M1. Looks like this:

Z47489A__14022.1619027749.jpg

But I never heard of this firm. I know "Reck" is a fairly common surname in German and I am presuming the company is/was based there. However, beyond that, no frame of reference.

Thoughts?

Went away in the 1970's if I remember correctly.
Karl Arndt Reck Sportwaffenfabrik of Lauf bei Nürnberg was the original manufacturer.
These West German guns were reasonably well made and modeled after the Ruger single Sixes and Colt Single Actions and were offered at a fraction of the price of the originals.

I had a Reck single action in 22lr, it was solid and shot great, but when you cocked it, the trigger came so far forward that it would smash my finger against the front of the trigger guard. could be I just have fat fingers maybe. o_O

Reck and Ermawerk were big in Europe in the 80's and 90's making solid .22 copies of PPK's, PP's Lugers etc, plus 8 & 9mm blank firers/gas/shotshell versions of Beretta's, Brownings, HK's and suchlike. When I was a youth in the UK, I had quite the collection.
They were well made and finished for their low-is price.
Think they got rolled up into Umarex/Walther. 299_3.jpg
299_2.jpg

The ones for sale in the UK had a big slot milled in the top of the slide though. Being in possession of a "forward firing" blank gun like this would get you sent down, as it's classed a firearm...

Last Edited:
Maybe a copy of the ruger Blackhawk .30 carbine? (I didn't even know Ruger .30 carbine existed before goggle search). A quick look on internet shows lots of videos on reck but they r all in German ha ha. Saw this one blog post below fwiw that discusses history a bit but it's a different gun seems to be talking about 22lr. I trust the history in the posts above in this NWFA thread more than this relatively poorly worded blog post below. Just a data point and probably not a very good one really. https://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/index.php?thread/1147-fixed-a-reck-today/

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top