JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome to both the PNW and NWFA!!

I'm sorry for your loss.

Many great things about both places. It's too bad that life must be endured rather than enjoyed. I'm old.... enjoy what you can while you can!!!

I lived in San Antonio for five years before moving to OR. Some of my reasons for moving are as follows:
Rattlesnakes, scorpions, fire ants, brutally scorching summer temperatures averaging 103F, water restrictions, vultures circling in the sky in lieu of other bird species, everything is covered in dust, fast food restaurants everywhere along with an obesity problem.

What I miss: the friendly people, real-deal barbecue, superlative Mexican food.

Mannyglocks is in Texas. Has lots of birds and very few rattlers. But I'm not sure which part of the state.

People all over the South were, and are, friendly. One of my daughters lives in AR and I was warmly received by all. People here in NE OR are very friendly, we even wave at each other from inside automobiles... drives Californians nuts!! Portland, Vancouver, and Bend... not so much... too many Californians! And I say that being a 1980 Cali transplant myself!!

I miss being a snowbird. No longer able to do winter sports, I highly value the boring, mild, warm winter weather over the nasty rain/snow!!!

YOU know that they call this the ......

"LEFT COAST"

for a reason.:s0092: So.....why the move?

Aloha, Mark

PS....REMINDER: Get down to the Clark County Sheriff and start your CCW process. AND, you'll need another one (for OR) if you want to carry there too.

Last Edited:
I guess if they can make a keen shooter who happens to live in Eastern England as welcome as a local, we can all do the same with you, Sir. Until last October I had two great friends in TX - one in Nacogdoches and the other in Plano. Rick in Nacogdoches was a true giant of a man, and wasn't even a native Texican - he was from Oklahoma! He died suddenly, and I miss him greatly and his sage shooting and armouring/smithing advice.

We are visitors to the PNW of many years standing, even taking into account this recent F***r, and will be back soon as ever we can get there.

Welcome, I'm new here as well. I love TX and get out that way often to visit friends.
Curious what brought you out this way? Feel like TX would be hard to leave

Welcome, however, sadly the best days of gun buying in WA are behind us unless some culture/laws are changed. Private party transactions were seriously crippled by Initiative 594, and buying semi autos seriously fracked by 1639. Combine that with having to wait for local background checks even after having an (unconstitutional) concealed pistol license - there is so much infringement happening that you can hardly call this place America.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum. We could always use more Southerners here. We're from the Carolinas, but have family in Florida, Georgia, and Texas.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top