JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm kind of starting over...intend to kick things off with 9mm semi-auto (had a modest collection in Texas which didn't relocate). Was enjoying NATA standard hardware 9mm & 5.56 with some .22 bolt action for precision shooting at 50 yards.

Why would anyone come from the great state of Texas to the anti-gunner state of Oregon? Just curious. Welcome to a great group though. This is hands down the best firearms related site I've been on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would anyone come from the great state of Texas to the anti-gunner state of Oregon? Just curious. Welcome to a great group though. This is hands down the best firearms related site I've been on.
Many positive things in Texas - needed a change from heat, humidity and hurricanes :eek: Certainly didn't want to land in a zero tolerance state!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had some friends move to Texas from Beaverton. Looks like they're already Oregonizing Texas. I gave him a gun because...it's Texas. I did my part.
Hopefully you can Texanize Oregon.

Welcome to NWFA.

I had people ask me "why?" when l moved to OR from AZ.
Certainly didn't want to land in a zero tolerance state!
I tell em that Oregon looks pretty good on paper... OC state, easy CHL, no capacity restrictions or AWB. Those things don't tell the whole story... we're still relatively free but in a defensive posture and under attack at all times. WA is pretty much the same way.

Welcome to NWFA.

I had people ask me "why?" when l moved to OR from AZ.
I tell em that Oregon looks pretty good on paper... OC state, easy CHL, no capacity restrictions or AWB. Those things don't tell the whole story... we're still relatively free but in a defensive posture and under attack at all times. WA is pretty much the same way.

This was a big deal for me to, but like you said on paper. I'm in the carry a badge kinda work and even though on paper it looks good in Oregon for people at all like me or in a field even remotely similar.. its a double edged sword here in Oregon. Scrutinized for what you do and for what you don't do in split second decisions.

I lived in San Antonio for five years before moving to OR. Some of my reasons for moving are as follows:
Rattlesnakes, scorpions, fire ants, brutally scorching summer temperatures averaging 103F, water restrictions, vultures circling in the sky in lieu of other bird species, everything is covered in dust, fast food restaurants everywhere along with an obesity problem.

What I miss: the friendly people, real-deal barbecue, superlative Mexican food.

Welcome! You'll likely find, as I did, that FFLs in Washington don't understand the laws governing new residents.
Please help your local pro 2A candidates. I volunteered writing postcards, placing campaign signs, and other small chores.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top