JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Everyone,

I recently moved from Clark County, WA to Bonneville County, ID, I currently have my CCP for Clark County, WA and need to transfer it to be an out-of-state resident permit since I read you can apply or have a license in any county in the state of WA as an out of state resident. Easiest would be to just replace it with my new address.

I am receiving conflicting information from https://clark.wa.gov/sheriff/firearms, it states that all applications require a visit, but replacements do not require a visit.

Does transferring my license from resident license to out-of-state license, require a visit if my current license is still valid, just needs a address update? Would it be possible to mail in my application with a check for the cost of the license replacement?

I tried calling, but of course today is Saturday and no government office is open when most people are off work.

Thanks!

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR LIVING IN WASHINGTON IN THE FIRST PLACE AND THEN MOVING TO IDAHO... AND YES SATURDAY IS NOT YOUR BEST CHOICE TO CALL FOR ANYTHING... I WENT TO TRADE MY 10/22 FOR A PISTOL FROM A GUY FROM WASHINGTON STATE LAST SATURDAY. WAS A NO GO...
THE GUY FROM WASHINGTON NOT ONLY NEEDS TO TAKE A CLASS TO GET A SEMI AUTO RIFLE AND THE TRADE HAS DO BE DONE IN WASHINGTON STATE... YOU GO WASHINGTON STATE !!!o_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek:

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR LIVING IN WASHINGTON IN THE FIRST PLACE AND THEN MOVING TO IDAHO... AND YES SATURDAY IS NOT YOUR BEST CHOICE TO CALL FOR ANYTHING... I WENT TO TRADE MY 10/22 FOR A PISTOL FROM A GUY FROM WASHINGTON STATE LAST SATURDAY. WAS A NO GO...
THE GUY FROM WASHINGTON NOT ONLY NEEDS TO TAKE A CLASS TO GET A SEMI AUTO RIFLE AND THE TRADE HAS DO BE DONE IN WASHINGTON STATE... YOU GO WASHINGTON STATE !!!o_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek:
Some of us aren't spoiled with being born in a free state unfortunately. Hopefully others in free-states welcome like-minded folk.

Some of us aren't spoiled with being born in a free state unfortunately. Hopefully others in free-states welcome like-minded folk.
Although you do not need a permit to carry in Idaho, you will have to wait for 6 months to get an enhanced Idaho permit. You should have done that before you moved to Idaho, because as a WA resident with a WA permit you could have obtained a non resident enhanced Idaho permit. Then, upon moving to Idaho it would have been a mere change of address without the 6 month wait. When I lived in CA I had a non-resident WA CPL issued by Spokane PD. When I moved to ID, it was an in person change of address. That was before Covid. When I moved from Post Falls to Hayden they let me do the change of address online. That was after Covid. You do need to get your enhanced Idaho permit. As an Idaho resident you get every state west of the Mississippi river except OR, CA and HI. And east of the Mississippi, you will get every state except IL, MD, NJ, NY, CT, RI, and MA. That is 40 of the 50 states. Find a friendly sheriff in OR and it will be 41 of the 50 states.

I recently moved from Clark County, WA to Bonneville County, ID,
1629523770925.png

It is not luck. It is the ability to recognize that there are better places to live than in libtard states and a willingness to get out of those places.
A lot of folks recognize it, just don't have the means.... I know there is much more that luck, but if I "lucky enough" to land a well paying job in that neck of the woods, I would give it a gooo....:)

I have a NR WA CPL and no appointment was needed to apply or renew. I did apply in person, but l did that because l just happened to find myself with nothing to do and, coincidentally, about 2 blocks from the Douglas County SD (it was either do that, or hit a bar for the rest of the afternoon). I don't know if it was required.
Renewal is by mail.

It's pretty painless to get a NR UT permit, it covers WA. I'll be letting WA expire and just keeping OR and UT current.

Side note: l attended the UT permit class in WA as an OR resident... doesn't matter. You should be able to find a nearby class in ID.

Congratulations on the move. I moved out of Multnomah county (SE PDX) late last year. Turns out, l just didn't quite fit in...
:s0092:

Last Edited:
You'll be fine. Free states definitely welcome like minded people. They just don't welcome the idiots that flee the place they lived because of the polices and clowns they voted for, then vote the same way.
Also, oregon isn't a free state so I hope you're not referring to oregon as one.

hopefully for you idaho will stay free. Lot of Californians moving there. LOTS. Remember we were actually a free state before they came. You might be pushed out to MT or WY in the next 10 years

Yeah well at least we don't have Portland lol. ;):s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads