JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
it's sluggish for me - evenings worse than other times. Verizon FIOS - fast. Dual Core, hi RAM computer. Windows 7 OS. But his isn't the only slow forum for me recently - THR has been up and down as well. Lots of gun chatter shutting down the net LOL

I noticed at one point yesterday morning, I got a database query error when trying to look at new posts on a thread. I'm assuming that the query timed out which might indicate a slow database or transport issue. I just hit back and reselected and the new posts came up, albeit slowly.

I'm still seeing some slowness (running Firefox) but I haven't characterized it yet.

elsie

7/5 4:30 PM, it is impossibly slow. Every other link is even slower and times-out, so I get "Internal Server Error" plus "404 Error". This is very sad. Thanks for keeping at it........................elsullo

The pages hang....then BAMMM!..there it finally loads.

It does this only on this web site and has been off and on for the entire time I have visited NWFA. Close to 6 months now I guess.

This is a great site... but that aspect really stinks!

Thanks for the continued update guys. Hopefully the $ transfer will be done today or tomorrow, at which time I'll tell the guys to go ahead with building the server, then the migration :)

Very slow right now. 5-10 seconds for any action to happen after clicking. Great site and great people. Things will come shortly. I have only noticed the sluggishness over the past week. Evenings are the worst.

Verizon 20mbps, Quad core computer, 10gb Ram.

To update everyone, I just placed the order for our new server. The migration team will be contacting me within the next day or two and we'll get going on the migration. My hope we'll be up and running on our new server by this weekend :)

That is great news! "Moderating" at these speeds is painful... I was beginning to think that perhaps the "libations" pages had spilled over to this site and "hammered" it. :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top